[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Sometimes it's the how. Going from hot to not so often leaves fans disappointed almost every game haha.
It's a shame how little time it took for some fans to become preoccupied by "the how." I'm just saying that I thought it would take at least a whole season before people started being pressed by this stuff; they didn't even wait for the Kings to start losing again.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Are the fine folks over at SeatGeek trying to tell us something???

View attachment 12583

:p:p:p
Well, the first thing it tells us is that the Bulls or the Hawks are coming out of the East. We don't get a fourth home game otherwise!

Well, the first thing it tells us is that the Bulls or the Hawks are coming out of the East. We don't get a fourth home game otherwise!
I appreciate your humor...:p:p:p

Also, I agree...Totally misleading to the naked eye, and the uninformed.

1713309454532.png

Also, if that were to happen (knock on wood), let's make that an elimination game!!! :p:p:p
(For the Eastern Conference Champs, of course...)

Reports are that Mike Brown would like to have a contract extension "at market rate." According to what I have read, his contract pays $20 million total for four years, or $5 per year. That means his annual salary comes to less than any of his players except for Colby Jones ($4.14 million) and Keon Ellis ($2.8 million). The next lowest salary is Trey Lyles at $16 million per year.

I had no idea coaches in the NBA made so little. Gregg Popovich makes exactly as much as Trey Lyles. Wow!

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nb...rumors-mike-brown-contract-extension/1727789/

Reports are that Mike Brown would like to have a contract extension "at market rate." According to what I have read, his contract pays $20 million total for four years, or $5 per year. That means his annual salary comes to less than any of his players except for Colby Jones ($4.14 million) and Keon Ellis ($2.8 million). The next lowest salary is Trey Lyles at $16 million per year.

I had no idea coaches in the NBA made so little. Gregg Popovich makes exactly as much as Trey Lyles. Wow!

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nb...rumors-mike-brown-contract-extension/1727789/
I'm surprised they were able to bring him to the Kings for less than average in the first place

I'm surprised they were able to bring him to the Kings for less than average in the first place
According to this article, the average NBA coach is paid about $3.5 mil per year, so $5 mil is still above the average:

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nba/what-is-an-nba-coach-salary-how-much-do-nba-coaches-make-sgc/

Mike Brown may be blinded by some of the new contracts like to Monte Williams in his request. Considering no team was giving him a shot at head coaching for many years and as far as what he has accomplished thus far, I think the $5 mil per year seems pretty fair. I couldn't find a full coaches salary list, but I would guess he is probably right in the middle of pay for coaches, which also seems fair.

After 6 years sitting on the Warrior's bench, Brown was likely anxious to get a head coaching assignment. Negotiations were on the side of management. Now, as a head coach, his negotiation position is improved.

(Oops, doubled a similar post at the same moment.)