[Game] Kings @ Clippers - Saturday, Jan. 13 - 12:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
How does a young player with limited playing experience improve his defense?!! Playing time
And how does a young player with limited playing experience learn when his defense is inadequate? When he gets yanked for not guarding his man, switching when he should, paying attention, etc.

At this point, Bogie is about the only young guy who looks like he has a clue what's going on out there. And as I type that, Hield is back as Bogs picked up his third foul.

I have no answers to the problems the team is having right now. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody else does either.

That dunk by Fox over Bad Boy Blake made me smile. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If we could get some of those shots to fall, it wouldn't be nearly so bad. I've always suspected that Staples has a way to control/shrink the rims. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anybody still wonder why Buddy isn't getting more time? I've been in and out of the room doing some household chores and I've seen at least three stupid moves on his part since he came back in.

Face it, guys. We suck. We have potential and I have every reason to still be very hopeful but there's just too much these kids need to learn before they're gonna be consistent at being anything but inconsistent. No ONE player is gonna make a difference.

And how does a young player with limited playing experience learn when his defense is inadequate? When he gets yanked for not guarding his man, switching when he should, paying attention, etc.

At this point, Bogie is about the only young guy who looks like he has a clue what's going on out there. And as I type that, Hield is back as Bogs picked up his third foul.

I have no answers to the problems the team is having right now. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody else does either.

He could learn with by throwing him out there if we had a better option than yes but we don’t play Papa and Giles isn’t ready. He’s already gotten better at rebounding

Meanwhile the franchise player ZBo has 0 across the board like damn at least grab a rebound.

Is that what happened though? I certainly didn't see anything that stuck out any more than anyone else has done or is continuing to do. Also it's hard to preach D when you are still the worst team in the league on that end regardless of who you put out there.

And the answers are right there. They are caught between old and young. They are playing two different systems, one geared towards the older players and one geared towards the younger ones and the former doesn't fit the younger ones. Players are now back to getting randomly inconsistent minutes. None of this is good, nor is it anything any reputable NBA team does and we are seeing exactly why this season.

This is on Vlade now unless he his forcing a style of play on his coaching staff. If he's truly been staying out of the way it's reaching the point where he needs to interject some rational into this.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Meanwhile the franchise player ZBo has 0 across the board like damn at least grab a rebound.
Koufos is also zeros across. But he has both a foul and a turnover while Zach only has a turnover. Zach is going to need to step up (and by step up, I mean as in a moving screen) to catch up to Koufos.

Anybody still wonder why Buddy isn't getting more time? I've been in and out of the room doing some household chores and I've seen at least three stupid moves on his part since he came back in.

Face it, guys. We suck. We have potential and I have every reason to still be very hopeful but there's just too much these kids need to learn before they're gonna be consistent at being anything but inconsistent. No ONE player is gonna make a difference.
What’s debatable is giving minutes by earning them over vets in the first place. Many lottery teams give young players run by the virtue that their young potential future rocks of the org

So, you don't think playing someone 3 minutes then sitting them for the next 20 some odd minutes has some sort of negative effect to their game? These wild swings in play is why you don't do this crap. Ah, the good 'ol days when the team made sense for those two games! And no, no one player is going to make a difference when you run this platoon crap. They seem to get going after the half so lets see if the broke clock gets right enough again to not make this look horrible per usual.

See, look at the spacing right now. It's the complete opposite of what they typically run. Willie and Zbo outside and the entirety of the middle is open. Willie looked good in the corner 3.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So any reason WHY Buddy Hield left Lou Williams wide open? I'm sorry but you do NOT reward bad defense like that by giving him more minutes.

So any reason WHY Buddy Hield left Lou Williams wide open? I'm sorry but you do NOT reward bad defense like that by giving him more minutes.
He was up too high on that one but yes there was a reason, it's their system. I'm surprised Grant and Jerry don't know this already. Joegers system calls for helping off the corner 3's. Bogdan is doing the same thing on the other side as well. Buddy was too far up but the challenge wasn't bad even so.

And again if that's a reason then some players shouldn't even be on the floor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He was up too high on that one but yes there was a reason, it's their system. I'm surprised Grant and Jerry don't know this already. Joegers system calls for helping off the corner 3's. Bogdan is doing the same thing on the other side as well. Buddy was too far up but the challenge wasn't bad even so.

And again if that's a reason then some players shouldn't even be on the floor.
Oh please. Just admit that Hield was out of position. I'm pretty sure Joeger isn't telling him to drop off Williams to cover the paint. But whatever...

I’m done with this crap y’all let me know when ZBo is subbed out. We’ve gone to that scrub more than Embiid, Twins, and Boogie get lost touches

Considering not watching team until some of the vets are traded. I can accept losing by 20 or more if the kids are playing through mistakes, but right now we are down 25 pts and all the team does is Zbo ISO after Zbo ISO. Just a wast of time, not just for myself but for the franchise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And AGAIN Hield drops off his man leaving him wide open. And yes, I rewound it to make sure before I said anything.

Oh please. Just admit that Hield was out of position. I'm pretty sure Joeger isn't telling him to drop off Williams to cover the paint. But whatever...

"He was up too high on that one..."

I watched a special on NBA TV in the off season prior to Joergers first seasonthat described his defensive system and it most certainly is, or it was. They said very clearly that the Kings 3 point defense would most likely go down at the time but their paint defense would likely climb.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
"He was up too high on that one..."

I watched a special on NBA TV in the off season prior to Joergers first seasonthat described his defensive system and it most certainly is, or it was. They said very clearly that the Kings 3 point defense would most likely go down at the time but their paint defense would likely climb.
What I meant was just admit he was out of position (which he has repeated several times since that post, BTW) and quit trying to always blame "the system" or Joerger. It was/is Buddy's fault that he consistently leaves his man wide open. A special before the season is not proof positive of what's happening right now.

WATCH BUDDY ON DEFENSE. He's almost clueless out there. And I like him. I like his ability to get inside, I like his tenacity. I do not like his confusion when it comes to basic defense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Shouldn't mention it, I suppose, but it looks like the Kings are being allowed "extra step" privilege. :p