[Game] Kings @ Cavaliers - Wednesday, 12/6 - 4 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know it's a bit early, but just in case...

The Cavs are on a tear. I would love to see the Kings at least give them a run for their money. LBJ was ejected from a game the other night - for the first time in his career? Not sure of the details but that would make things interesting.

Cleveland will, according to the current injury reports, be without Shumpert, IT and Derrick Rose - and possibly Tristan Thompson (the dreaded Kardashian curse?). We, on the other hand, should be at full strength, baring any lingering effects to WCS from his back tweak. He's listed on the injury report as a game-time decision and since this is only Sunday, he does have a few more days to rest. And he's at home which makes it easier.

The starting lineup for the Kings for this matchup could be very interesting. Will Fox start at the 1? Will Hill? Will Mason?

I hope Jack Cooley is still with the team when they head back out on the road. I love his energy on the bench even when he doesn't step foot on the court.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan!

GO KINGS!!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
They have to stop this trend of starting the game like passive wimps, and then waiting to get embarrassed before turning on the gas. They seem to have this attitude that they will wait and see if the other team is going to play hard before they decide to play hard or not. Unfortunately, by that time it's too late. I find the whole thing very odd, given the vets on this team. Hill, who registered his unhappiness after the Bucks game, should take a look in the mirror. He obviously was not ready to play at the beginning of the Buck's game, and he's supposed to be the one to set the example. And Hill, unlike Carter and even Zach, has no excuse because of his age. I find the whole thing mystifying. Hill should be the guy picking up the defense at half court. He should be the one playing very physical with the opponent and getting his team mates fired up. Instead, he just seems to be going through the motions most of the time, with rare episodes of playing like he really cares to save some face.

I know it's a bit early, but just in case...

The Cavs are on a tear. I would love to see the Kings at least give them a run for their money. LBJ was ejected from a game the other night - for the first time in his career? Not sure of the details but that would make things interesting.

Cleveland will, according to the current injury reports, be without Shumpert, IT and Derrick Rose - and possibly Tristan Thompson (the dreaded Kardashian curse?). We, on the other hand, should be at full strength, baring any lingering effects to WCS from his back tweak. He's listed on the injury report as a game-time decision and since this is only Sunday, he does have a few more days to rest. And he's at home which makes it easier.

The starting lineup for the Kings for this matchup could be very interesting. Will Fox start at the 1? Will Hill? Will Mason?

I hope Jack Cooley is still with the team when they head back out on the road. I love his energy on the bench even when he doesn't step foot on the court.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan!

GO KINGS!!
It's ALWAYS a good time to be a Kings fan! ALWAYS.

Bring on King James! We've got lots of problems, er, kinks, to work out, including our addiction to slow starts. We lack a franchise player. But we've got some good talent on this team, and we have 7-8 guys who could be part of a playoff Kings team in 2-3 years. That's a lot to work with. Overall, the talent is pretty decent. At this point, I think we're doing better than many of us expected. And as bad as we are, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't come on strong at the end of the year when others are tanking and we're relectant to put players on the floor who aren't going to fight to win. For obvious reasons, we really need a strong draft pick next year that has a chance of becoming our franchise player.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think I have a hunch of why the starters always start bad and the bench is better. This roster is deep, but with just solid players(as of now). Thus whoever starts is gonna be considerably worse than most starting lineups but our bench units will be better than most bench units.
I could buy that except for the fact that it is totally obvious by the contrast in play with the same players that the effort just isn't there at the beginning of the game versus when they are yelled at or embarrassed. This team isn't exactly subtle in whether they play hard or not.

I could buy that except for the fact that it is totally obvious by the contrast in play with the same players that the effort just isn't there at the beginning of the game versus when they are yelled at or embarrassed. This team isn't exactly subtle in whether they play hard or not.
Haven't slow starts been a problem with the king for at least a couple of years? Not positive about two years ago, but definitely a point of concern last year.

Carmichael Dave⚽️‏Verified account@CarmichaelDave 46m46 minutes ago

Kings send Skal to Reno

Kayte Christensen‏Verified account@kayte_c 48m48 minutes ago

.@SacramentoKings recall Papagiannis from Reno Bighorns and assign Skal Labissiere to G-League for upcoming Cleveland-New Orleans trip
I am really disappointed that Skal is down in Reno now. With Willie out this was his chance to maybe get some backup center minutes and finally play freely. Get his confidence up. Its clearly his best position, especially when the offense is 4-out and features a lot of pick and roll with him as the roll or pop man.
Just watch here against NY. In the first half of the video he plays the 4, but the pick and roll is his bread and butter.

I hope he can gain some confidence in reno as well.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Looking at the starting lineup all I can think of is how everything Grizz fans warned us about is coming to fruition in the most unbelievable way possible. I expect a huge game from Zbo and whoever he's guarding.

Nooo I will have to turn on mute the stream, because I have Cavs announcers, can't wait when someone will hit from Cavs a deep three and Mister Carr is gonna yell in his microphone, DEEEEP FROM THE Q.

So annoying sometimes.

P.S. They are starting Calderon at 1...

Looking at the starting lineup all I can think of is how everything Grizz fans warned us about is coming to fruition in the most unbelievable way possible. I expect a huge game from Zbo and whoever he's guarding.
As someone who went over to the grizz forums the day we signed joeger I can say you are 100% correct.