Telemachus Prediction Game 2016-17: (Prediction-) Game Over!! See You in a New Thread Next Season

:(

Summary:
20170201_054418.png

Tonight

W/L predictions were split 50-50
among the 14 predictors tonight,
so 7 of us scored high, predicting a loss.

First points ever for @Glenn, after a scoreless debut last night, and... BAMM! He's tonight's winner with a convincing 60.

Others were all quite far off on everything, from margin to teams' sciring.

List of daily winners this season:
20170201_054700.png

Season

The top of the charts remains unchanged.

@alonshin in 1st place & @KingsFanSince85 in 2nd
are keeping a seemingly safe distance,
from each other and the rest of the field.

The newly 3rd place holder, @LoungeLizard, and the one he ousted thereof, @Telemachus, are tight together, but keep a safe lead on the lower-seeded.

Also worth noting:
@Glenn made a steep 11-spots climb from dead-last to 32!
@Ron switched places with @Tetsujin in 5/6, @SLAB switched with @VF21 in 8/9, and @chief bromden switched with @gil renard just outside the top-10.

Leaderboard:
20170201_054826.png

Last edited:
Back in the "safety" of our home-sweet-home Sactown...
(Were we have a worse record than on the road, mind you... :eek:)

Think you know how it will end?

Post your prediction NOW!
A fan has gotta do...

I_want_you_SAC_Kings_SMALL.jpg
Predictions are ON for Kings game #50:
At G1C vs the Suns, Friday, 2/3, 7:30PM

Grading
Bla bla... (look here:
View attachment 5791 )

Prediction Rules
Yada yada... (
look here: View attachment 6251 )

List of predictors:

Last edited:
Kings 121
Suns 103

And just to brag about my (auto) record keeping: :cool:
This is W-prediction number 600 (exactly)
in this prediction game, out of 776 total predictions so far this season.

(Yes, we've been optimistic... only 22.7%
of our predictions were L-predictions)

I am thinking about surprising the KF who makes the 1,000th prediction of the season with some confetti and fireworks...
;)

(But that won't be until sometime in the beginning of March, in the pace we're going)

Last edited:
Hey KFs -
It's unanimous so far:
11 of us predicted a Win,
no-one predicted a Loss. :)

Are we just homers? Or is it THAT lopsided?
Aren't we forgetting that the Suns beat SAS at home and TOR & NYK on the road in January? (...and lost all the rest of their games OTOH :rolleyes:)

A note:

This 100% W prediction may well still change until tip-off (some/many of us are yet to post predictions), but I thought it would be interesting to check what happened in previous cases when we had W predictions only:

Well, it happened 5 times before this season, against the T-Wolves, Magic, Knicks, Fakers & Pistons. All but the Orlando game were Home games, like tonight.
In 2 cases we ended up with a loss that no-one predicted (literally) , by 8 (Magic) and by 3 (Knicks).
In 2 other cases we ended up with a tight win (tighter than most of us expected), by 3 (MIN) and 6 (DET).
But the best of the 5 was no doubt the 24pt home W vs LAL. (Oh, I loved that one...:D).
BTW, this was also something that few of us saw coming, as the average margin in all predictions that night was just below 9 points to the Kings.

Last edited: