Jim Kozimor returns to the Kings broadcast team

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/jim-kozimor-returns-sacramento-part-csns-kings-broadcast-team

Oh, cripes - he's baaaaaaaaaaaack!

I celebrated when he was moved off of the broadcast team - his smarmy, always-positive, always-complimentary fake-ness drove me up the wall.

And he'll be replacing Guy Haberman, who was a SOLID, deadpan, sincere guy who worked GREAT with Doug Christie (not so much with Bobby Jackson, but that's all on Bobby's ineptitude IMO).

IMO, this is most definitely a step backwards in talent this year (seeing a trend yet?) -

what do y'all think? I know there's still lots of fans of Koz around.

If you prefer Koz, please explain what you like about his delivery and words.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/jim-kozimor-returns-sacramento-part-csns-kings-broadcast-team

I celebrated when he was moved off of the broadcast team - his smarmy, always-positive, always-complimentary fake-ness drove me up the wall.

And he'll be replacing Guy Haberman, who was a SOLID, deadpan, sincere guy who worked GREAT with Doug Christie (not so much with Bobby Jackson, but that's all on Bobby's ineptitude IMO).

IMO, this is most definitely a step backwards in talent this year (seeing a trend yet?) -

Didn't he work well with Kate (don't remember her full name)?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

What do I think? I think it must be getting close to the start of the season if you're already practicing your "glass half empty" narratives...

I'm fine with Koz on the broadcast team. I just could never deal with his radio show. He would often spend over half the show talking about anything other than sports. Personally, I listen to sports talk to hear about sports.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Koz is easily one of the best in his profession. He keeps his delivery tight and balanced but not to the point where you feel as if there is some sort of disconnect. I am surprised he's not locked into that circuit of national broadcast types, he's that good.

However, I as well really enjoyed the chemistry between Haberman and Bobby/Doug. They made this last seasons worth of games somewhat watchable. I guess they were a little too honest at times? haha.

I will draw the line at "Coach T". I had my fill of him the first time around.

"Did i mention time when I was having a beer with Jimmy V and" ..... Fill in the boring blank

"I'll never forget I was at the Dairy Queen with Jim Valvano and"... Fill in the boring blank.

"Have I mentioned recently that I knew Jim Valvano?"

But I love me some Koz.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I will draw the line at "Coach T". I had my fill of him the first time around.

"Did i mention time when I was having a beer with Jimmy V and" ..... Fill in the boring blank

"I'll never forget I was at the Dairy Queen with Jim Valvano and"... Fill in the boring blank.

"Have I mentioned recently that I knew Jim Valvano?"

But I love me some Koz.
To be fair, was Coach T's name dropping any worse than Grant and Jerry talking about Larry Bird for ten minutes every broadcast?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm fine with Koz on the broadcast team. I just could never deal with his radio show. He would often spend over half the show talking about anything other than sports. Personally, I listen to sports talk to hear about sports.
Hah! I am personally the opposite of that. IYAM, hardcore sports talk is the reason why all local sports talk radio is terrible.

Also, I look forward to the day when the Kings replace Napear and Reynolds as their TV duo with Kozimor and Christensen.

With any luck, that day will be today; I'll settle for tomorrow.
Grant and Jerry do a good job on TV.

No one can touch Gerould on the radio however. We need to give him some sort of statue or something eventually.