In the "are you effing kidding me" news

Wow. Need to wait and see about this, of course, but it's disappointing, regardless.
I thought Ty's game was coming along nicely. I mean, it is coming along nicely. I wouldn't mind him being our starting PG for the next season or two - until we have a young stud PG ready to take the reins! If he's affordable. But if he's compromised his sobriety, that may be the end of his NBA journey.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is an article released by a non media giant that has no details and hasn't been brought to a judge. It's like modern politics. I don't think it's time to get out the pitchforks yet.
Totally agree. I truly hope it's a misunderstanding. But, having said that, TMZ has a pretty good track record on getting this kind of stuff. Let's be honest. We're all thinking it has to be true...because #KANGZ. :(

I need to hear the details before I pass judgment but if he did violate his probation it's a real problem because this was his prove it year as it was.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This is an article released by a non media giant that has no details and hasn't been brought to a judge. It's like modern politics. I don't think it's time to get out the pitchforks yet.
You're right, of course, but Kings Fans might still have reason to be worried. TMZ, salacious as they are, isn't the National Enquirer: they get it right way more often than they don't.

I would have traded every expiring contract on this roster for a 2nd round pick. There is no point in any of these players being here.

This is bad news for Lawson, but it really doesn't hurt the Kings in their race to the bottom.

Ty earns another assist....this time for Tank-o-rama 2017

Hopefully this is not true. Otherwise, they need to cut ties. Too bad because I enjoy watching him play and if it was between him and DC for next year, I would have picked Ty.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Ty earns another assist....this time for Tank-o-rama 2017

Hopefully this is not true. Otherwise, they need to cut ties. Too bad because I enjoy watching him play and if it was between him and DC for next year, I would have picked Ty.
Let us say he missed 4 therapy sessions and the decision was that he spent a month in jail. Do you think this hurts our new culture? Perhaps we need to define what this new culture is.

Let us say he missed 4 therapy sessions and the decision was that he spent a month in jail. Do you think this hurts our new culture? Perhaps we need to define what this new culture is.
Regardless of the new "culture" mantra, I think he was always brought on board with the caveat that he absolutely must be on his best behavior. We were his last chance and I assumed that was always part of the deal. He already had the weird slip up earlier in the year in Vegas, which never was really explained. Given where we are post-DMC trade its hard to justify keeping him. I guess we could hang on until the end of the year because he does create the semblance of an organized offense when he's on the floor which benefits the younger players, but I highly doubt he would be back next year if he did violate his probation in any way. It always seems to me there have been two sides to Ty. The guy on the floor and in the locker room who does in fact seem like a good leader and teammate, and then the guy off the floor that seems to keep F'ing up.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Regardless of the new "culture" mantra, I think he was always brought on board with the caveat that he absolutely must be on his best behavior. We were his last chance and I assumed that was always part of the deal. He already had the weird slip up earlier in the year in Vegas, which never was really explained. Given where we are post-DMC trade its hard to justify keeping him. I guess we could hang on until the end of the year because he does create the semblance of an organized offense when he's on the floor which benefits the younger players, but I highly doubt he would be back next year if he did violate his probation in any way. It always seems to me there have been two sides to Ty. The guy on the floor and in the locker room who does in fact seem like a good leader and teammate, and then the guy off the floor that seems to keep F'ing up.
You are probably right. I think this year with the Kings was like a life vest thrown to a drowning man. IF anything definitive is brought out that means he violated his parole, bye bye. I say "IF." Some people need a baby sitter. Remind my aging brain of what happened in Vegas. I have nothing but a vague recollection.

You are probably right. I think this year with the Kings was like a life vest thrown to a drowning man. IF anything definitive is brought out that means he violated his parole, bye bye. I say "IF." Some people need a baby sitter. Remind my aging brain of what happened in Vegas. I have nothing but a vague recollection.
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/ty-lawson-sacramento-kings-missed-flight/

I know there was chatter at the time of there being a zero tolerance policy for him and so people were a little surprised he stayed on. I would have guessed he was told that was his last screw up, but who knows what the "real" story was.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/ty-lawson-sacramento-kings-missed-flight/

I know there was chatter at the time of there being a zero tolerance policy for him and so people were a little surprised he stayed on. I would have guessed he was told that was his last screw up, but who knows what the "real" story was.
And we still don't know what the "real story" is this time...yet. I'd like to think the Kings front office is going to wait until they know the facts before they take Lawson out and shoot him.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Oh boy the state of current Kings fans. A full on rebuild listening to Grant Napear everyday while pining on the edge of their seats on the news of Ty Lawson's next run in with the law.