Grant calls out front office on his radio show

Status
Not open for further replies.
he said the players are confused by all of this. A lot of this are angry about Malone firing. nobody is happy basically.

also talked about how the uptempo play is not going to work. DMC isn't even getting over halfcourt a lot of the time on offense. just waiting for someone to chuck and get back on defense.
he only got 12 shots last night in a game where he made 9. This offense isn't working and its not suited to our best player

What Corbin and the players need to do is take a stand. They need to play the way they know best and forget this run at all cost BS. Play the way that got them to the 9-6 start. Play hard on D and punish their opponents on the inside both ways. Make the other team adjust to Boogie. Gay was posting up a lot more when Malone was the coach. He is a mismatch physically for a lot of 3s. Forget what Vivek and Pete wants to impose on them.

If we do this and we start to win again or the results start to show, there is nothing the FO can do. If they immediately fire Corbin because we start winning again, then guess what? I'm sure Boogie and Gay would ask for a trade at that time and none of us would blame them. As for Corbin, I don't think anyone would blame him for not running. Everyone already knows what a joke the FO is and will not take Corbin's decision to improve the team first as a negative.

One question that Jason Jones, Grant or whoever gets to interview Vivek or PDA needs to ask very directly is...

"Now that you locked in Corbin for the rest of the season, does that mean you are setting up for Mullin to take over as head coach next season?"

Do not accept a BS dodge the question answer.

What Corbin and the players need to do is take a stand. They need to play the way they know best and forget this run at all cost BS. Play the way that got them to the 9-6 start. Play hard on D and punish their opponents on the inside both ways. Make the other team adjust to Boogie...
To me, this is what DeMarcus was talking about, was pushing for, when he was mad after the last game. My sense is that this was his expectation, but between those teammates who were butthurt, despondent, or going-to-make-it-about-themselves, he was left talking about what loyalties remained on the team. My guess is that Corbin told them they needed to reach into themselves and figure out what kind of team they wanted to be, and from there Boogie made his vision known (something along the lines of what you're suggesting), but not all were onboard, given everything else going on.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One question that Jason Jones, Grant or whoever gets to interview Vivek or PDA needs to ask very directly is...

"Now that you locked in Corbin for the rest of the season, does that mean you are setting up for Mullin to take over as head coach next season?"

Do not accept a BS dodge the question answer.
LOL.

If anyone did that, I can absolutely guarantee one thing - they'd better make it a damned good question because it will be the last time they ever have access to Vivek or PDA or whomever.

There's a protocol with journalists and team owners/GMs. What you're talking about would accomplish nothing positive. First of all, said owner or GM would simply defer the question with a "We haven't really made a decision" response. If said journalist attempted to push further, he/she would be ignored or not acknowledged.

Playing "gotcha" journalism doesn't work, no matter how many times you see it on TV.

LOL.

If anyone did that, I can absolutely guarantee one thing - they'd better make it a damned good question because it will be the last time they ever have access to Vivek or PDA or whomever.

There's a protocol with journalists and team owners/GMs. What you're talking about would accomplish nothing positive. First of all, said owner or GM would simply defer the question with a "We haven't really made a decision" response. If said journalist attempted to push further, he/she would be ignored or not acknowledged.

Playing "gotcha" journalism doesn't work, no matter how many times you see it on TV.
Actually this question with surely be asked by someone if Vivek or PDA ever addresses the public. I cannot see them not getting this question if they held a press conference. Of course you can word it in a nicer tone and ask your follow up questions without fighting words. This is what reporters and journalists do. I've seen/heard it many times in press conferences.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Actually this question with surely be asked by someone if Vivek or PDA ever addresses the public. I cannot see them not getting this question if they held a press conference. Of course you can word it in a nicer tone and ask your follow up questions without fighting words. This is what reporters and journalists do. I've seen/heard it many times in press conferences.
of course.

yadda yaddda, rumored to have had interest in Chris Mullin as a aochaing candidate, yadda yadda, is that a situation maybe you'll revisit after the season yadda yadda...

But come on, its irrelevant. They'll just lie anyway.

Maybe if we can make a big enough preemptive stink about Mullin bringing his pathetic Golden State resume to Sacramento in the next few months we can chase him off. Slimy backstabbing Nellieballing weasel friend. Stay the **** down in the Bay Area with the rest of the harbor rats and spout your idiot ideology from afar. You've clearly found a taker for your shark oil whispers. You'll never be without undeserved influence and cash handouts as long as you hang like a sycophant on the little guy's shoulder. Why poke your head out and be openly loathed? Because some of us are going to be after that head from the moment you dare to stick it out.

It isn't that Tyrone Corbin isn't an adequate coach. I was really happy to see Malone add him to the staff. I think he's got a lot to add and I don't think he was horrible in Utah given the circumstances. Honestly, I could argue that he's on par with Malone who had his own obvious growing pains as a first time head coach.

The issue (to me at least) is that they are (1) throwing Corbin out there without the benefit of an offseason (2) almost certainly trying to dictate an uptempo style of play (which Corbin did NOT employ in Utah as he continued Sloan's P&R heavy Flex scheme) and (3) doing nothing to remove the suspicion that Corbin is just a lame duck seat warmer for the next coach.

All that being true, it's likely the players see this move the same way I do - as essentially giving up on the season.

I would argue that Corbin is a adequate coach. You can not dismiss the job he did in Utah. It was not good. And as for not being given an off season, well at this point no coach they brought in would be given an off season this year. I am extremely disturbed by the reports that they want to install Chris Mullin as the head coach at some point. He is not nor has he ever been in coaching. That would be an unmitigated disaster.

And if they are de Facto tanking, Cousins is gonna go off. It is just a matter of time. I am extremely displeased with the overall attitude of the front office. If they have a PLAN B, they sure are keeping quiet about it. If it was their intention to fire Malone and not hire an NBA Caliber coach to replace him immediately, then this is de Facto tanking. For an owner who insisted he was going to bring a winner to Sacramento, he seems to be going in the opposite direction. If they do tank this season, every shred of good will and excitement will be gone between the team and the fans. This season started with hope, and now it seems it will end in despair. I will not buy another ticket to a game until they hire a real coach. And by the way, ALL OF THIS smells just like something the MaLOOFS would have done. It is just not good business.

of course.

yadda yaddda, rumored to have had interest in Chris Mullin as a aochaing candidate, yadda yadda, is that a situation maybe you'll revisit after the season yadda yadda...

But come on, its irrelevant. They'll just lie anyway.

Maybe if we can make a big enough preemptive stink about Mullin bringing his pathetic Golden State resume to Sacramento in the next few months we can chase him off. Slimy backstabbing Nellieballing weasel friend. Stay the **** down in the Bay Area with the rest of the harbor rats and spout your idiot ideology from afar. You've clearly found a taker for your shark oil whispers. You'll never be without undeserved influence and cash handouts as long as you hang like a sycophant on the little guy's shoulder. Why poke your head out and be openly loathed? Because some of us are going to be after that head from the moment you dare to stick it out.
Your points and underlying message are correct but your delivery is embarrassing.

The whole internet tough guy bravado thing is getting old. You write as if Vivek Ranadive and Chris Mullin should be afraid of you. Problem is all you have is big talk internet bravado of a fan and unfortunately that's just not going to change the situation. Would be nice if you worked in their actual front office and maybe then you could channel your internet badass into some action and results.

Talk is cheap though and no matter how cool you try to sound on a message board it won't effect the real world. Vivek, Mully, and PDA are clowns but they are clowns with absolute power and control of the team. Only thing that can fix this situation are the fans revolting with their wallets by not going to the games. Or Option B is simply the time it will take for their plan to fail miserably and they admit consciously or subconsciously that they were wrong.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You've changed your approach, which is exactly what I was stating. Believe me, I'm very well aware of what reporters and journalists do.

I can't really transcribe from radio as easily as I can from TV. Bascially, if you've read rainmaker, Padrino, Bricklayer, funkykingston, and a few others, you just have to reread their stuff in Grant's voice and you'll get an idea of what he said.

Here are some of the points I remember him saying:

Wrong to not let players know first what's going on.
Team is considerably worse now than they were before firing.
Sacramento fans are knowledgeable and loyal and should not be treated this way.
Malone should NOT have been fired mid-season, especially the way we started.
National media is asking him what the heck is going on...he has no answers.
Players are demoralized and confused, along with all of us.
Front office absolutely must come out and give us real answers not vague meaningless phrasings.
If front office doesn't do something, even best fans are gonna tune out. Been through too much for too long.

He's going to be taking calls and I can only imagine what else will be said.

I've given Grant a lot of grief over the years but he's speaking for US right now. He said he'd love to be able to give us answers but he doesn't have a clue about what's going on and we ALL deserve better.
I haven't always agreed with Grant, but I have usually respected his opinion on basketball related topics. Those who say he is a mouthpiece of the franchise are only making assumptions. He may have felt that the Maloofs were honest men. Many of us did till they started to make all the shady moves they did near the end. And Grant called them out then ! This front office is making shady decisions that no one in the league can figure out or understand. I believe they should be called out on the recent moves that have obviously negatively effected the product on the floor. The Players are pissed, the Fans are pissed, and the Radio Host is Pissed !.

Someone needs to answer for the mess that has been made and the Owner needs to come out and explain WHAT the H3LL their PLAN is ? If it is so monumental that you have to fire an effective respected coach 1/4 the way into the season then why don't you SHARE it with the fans who have been so loyal and have had to endure so much. There must be an explanation for this debacle. I don't want to HEAR the bs cover story about there being differences in STYLE. That is a load of CRAP ! The style that Malone was using was the only one that CAN work with the players we have !!! You have a dominant center and little else. Why on EARTH would you want to suddenly in the middle of the season change your philosophy and go in a direction that has no HOPE of succeeding ? We don't have any run and gun players !!! If THIS is the plan, then get someone else to do the planning. If they go into a prolonged losing streak, PDA should be fired.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I'm afraid this is all planned. Pissing off boogie. Making him get frustrated on court then arguments with coaches all the while hoping he demands a trade so they can put it off on boogie and spin it that he is the bad guy so they can get a center that runs their style offense.

What they may not be counting on is we the fans are on to it and its not playing out as subtile as the like

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm afraid this is all planned. Pissing off boogie. Making him get frustrated on court then arguments with coaches all the while hoping he demands a trade so they can put it off on boogie and spin it that he is the bad guy so they can get a center that runs their style offense.

What they may not be counting on is we the fans are on to it and its not playing out as subtile as the like
There are conspiracy theories and then there's just paranoia. No offense, Entity, but I think you've crossed the line.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I mean they see cuz is upset. He was upset not knowing about Malone firing now this. I mean who is the only member of the team showing frustration? Shouldn't they cater to him a little. Instead nothing

I mean they see cuz is upset. He was upset not knowing about Malone firing now this. I mean who is the only member of the team showing frustration? Shouldn't they cater to him a little. Instead nothing
Arrogance doesn't cater.

I think the reality is when highly successful very smart people get something like this (style and NBA 3.0) in their head they just assume that everyobe else sees it to. So to them why would everyone question it?

A guy like Vivek didn't gain the success, money, or power he had by being wrong very often if almost ever. Pro sports is different though, the very nature of it means you are going to be wrong all the time. The good owners learn to minimize the mistakes and not impede their own success. Guys like Dan Snyder never learn and still won't admit he is wrong. Question is will Vivek learn that he can be wrong?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
IDIOTS. im beyond pissed
You need to catch up on stuff. PDA reached out to Dave and is going to take fan calls on Monday on Dave's show. This all took place on Twitter. Cousins made a point to applaud PDA for doing it and was complimentary in the process. I believe Cousins is more angry with the members of the team who aren't pulling their weight than he is with the firing.

conspiracy theory:

LOL looks like Grant set Pete up perfectly, I knew it was too good to be true that Grant would act out like that without this being planned before hand. Grant is NOT the type to slam the organization like that, we heard him friggin support the Maloofs backing out of the greatest arena deal in history knowing full well the team was headed to Anaheim if it fell thru. He definitely knew this was going down before hand. Now depending on the answers which will be crafted carefully it sets pete up to improve his reputation amongst fans. (Grant and Dave have us all rallied and amped up)

Notice how he reached out to Dave over Duece or Grant(who could have him on ASAP) in order to be fully prepped on corporate answers and give time for people to cool off before delivering his answers. Also he knows the fans love and trust CD so if CD is satisfied he can satisfy a good portion of the fans.

I am skeptical and very intrigued to hear what he has to say. Its going to take a home run to get fans off of his back and by more time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.