[Grades] Grades v. Bucks 12/18/2014

How do you lose a game where you score 107pts on 57% shooting and have 3 20pt scorers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Well, the big guy was back, and gee what a coincidence that all of a sudden our backcourt got efficient, Rudy turned back into a clutch late game guy etc. Unfortunately despite a heroic effort by Cuz huffing and puffing and clearly laboring and blowing clean through his minutes limit on his way to a 27pt 11reb 5ast night, down we go again.

The hows of it are interesting, could be alarming, could be one game things:

-- uptempo'd, felt like the same idiot play we've seen here for 8 years. Just a new idiot preaching same ole as we score 107pts...and lose.

-- we smallballed, a lot. The only comfort there is that the Bucks don't have nay big guys to use, so they often had 3 guards, use Giannis as a mobile PF etc, so smallball might have just been a response to this opponent.

-- short rotation. Evans and Casspi were out, so we'll see, but Corbin largely used 7 guys tonight withe just spots of 3 others. The two guys he used off the bench were precisely the two guys our, well, I don't want to call it a braintrust, so how about a nerveclustertrust, were reportedly concerned about being misused, or underused, or whatever. Does that mean we are going to be a 7 deep team with the wonderful Sessions/DWill duo doing my dirty work and firing our GM for me? Dunno. (nothing the matter with 7 man teams btw, if you have the right 7 -- Pat Riley has a fistful of rings on the theory).

-- terrible playcall at the end, I saw DeMarcus clearly telling Corbin he wanted the last shot, which is your star player's prerogrative. but after 33min looking exhausted and playing the entire 4th quarter you just HAVE to come up with something better than a Cuz contested 20foot fallaway

BTW, Scot Pollard can call a Kings game anytime he wants to as far as I'm concerned.

Boxscore

Stats: 39min 20pts (9-15, 1-2, 1-2) 9reb 6ast 1stl 0blk 2TO
Gay ( B+ ) -- I don’t think any player on the Kings was happier to see Cousins out on the floor than Rudy. Rudy has been wearing himself out trying to shoulder the responsibility in Cousins’ absence, and he just isn’t quite good enough to do it effectively. But with Cousins out there being the primary focus on the defense it really opens things up for Rudy to move the ball around, find people in good positions to score, and to attack when he’s got the advantage. I will also admit that it’s sort of hard to score this game because everyone was making shots and so all the numbers look good across the board. But back to Rudy, who basically just started the game with a huge sigh of relief and sort of let Cousins and Ben be the focus of the offense. All he was doing was rebounding the ball, making nice passes, and playing good defense on Giannis. Then after about 6 minutes of play he decided that he just wanted to flip a switch and start scoring…which didn’t really work very well as he took (and missed) two jumpers, with the first being one where he held on to the ball the entire possession then clanked a 20ft shot. He didn’t do much scoring in the first, but he was doing everything else, and he didn’t let Giannis get a single point.He came in for the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter being more aggressive offensively and scoring in the smooth manner that he always has going for him. It was all pretty good until the last defensive play of the half where he was supposed to switch over to Knight and didn’t, and Knight closed the half with a wide open 3pt shot which put the Bucks up by 3 going into the half…considering that we lost by 1, that brain-freeze of a move really hurt us. He played really well in the 3rd quarter, scoring here and there, getting the ball to guys in position to score, and other than a bad play where he let Giannis cut to the rim for an easy dunk, he played good D. It was in the fourth quarter that he really shined as Cousins was struggling to keep the pace. With Cousins being the focal point of the defense he was able to attack the rim and was Mr. Clutch when he went down the court on back-to-back trips and scored, taking us from being down four to tying the game with a minute left. Unfortunately that was the last he touched the ball. 20 points on 9-15 shooting, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, and only 1 turn-over and he held the Greek Freak in check for most of the game…as I said, he’s got to be extremely happy to have Cousins back out there with him, because it makes the game so much easier for him and he’s got the talent to really take advantage which he did tonight.--Uncia
(Ed. note: Uncia originally had this at an A-, I tweaked it to fit, but he watched Rudy closer than anybody else and very well could have the better read)

Stats: 19min 3pts (1-3, 0-0, 1-4) 3reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 3TO
Thompson ( F ) -- Absolutely horrible game by JT. As a matter of fact, we got a whole 5 points out of our PF combo of JT and Landry. Oh, but wait, they combined to grab 3 boards. Had we gotten anything out of either of them, even on the defensive side, we would have won the game. JT didn't score a basket until the second half when he threw up a little turn around flip shot from 6 feet. He got the line in the first have but only made one free throw. To make matters worse, he interfered with a shot by Sessions and had a basket taken away. Defensively he kept getting caught in screens, and to be honest, he didn't fight very hard to get through the screens, and left Dudley wide open to hit a couple of threes. I'd love to go on, but when a player does nothing, then there's nothing to write. Just a downright pitiful game by JT. --Baja

Stats: 33min 27pts (8-12, 0-0, 11-13) 11reb 5ast 1stl 0blk 6TO
Cousins ( A- ) -- thank heavens for the return of the big guy. At this point he can pretty much wade into Kings offices and start throwing bodies out the window a far as I'm concerned. Be the first player/coach/GM/owner since Will Ferrel. And the Cuz we got back was interesting on a number of levels. He was active and aggressive, yet maybe almost TOO active and aggressive. The thing to watch is that the Zen Boogie we saw in the first month of the season wasn't here. And why should he be? His season got destroyed by a rare and dangerous bug, his favorite coach got fired before he could get back to save him, and his teammates collapsed with him gone as his long dreamt of playoff run evaporated again. And the Cousins you saw out there reflected all of that. We had him stationed outside for much of the first half, but whether that was just due to the opponent (slowfooted Zaza Pachulia) or whether this represents a front office driven return to the Keith Smart era of stupidity you can't know off of one game. Whatever it was, against Zaza, it was effective because he can't move like Boogie, and Boogie was just in all out angry/impatient attack mode from the very beginning of the game. He had 8 quick points before his first scheduled departure in the mid 1st, but the offensive impact was much greater than even that, as all of a sudden Ben and DC were getting open efficient looks, Rudy was able to step back and not force, etc. Defensively he wasn't settled either, which was less than ideal as he was overactive and notably pissed about half the time. If the sickness effected him anywhere beyond stamina it might have been on the glass where he seemed to be getting bounced more than normal, and the 11 felt a little empty this time, with a number of gimmes added in. The thing was, the energy and aggressiveness was not contained to just the physical stuff here. Boogie was flat agitated through most of this one. He barked at Rudy when he didn't pass it. He yelled "shoot the three" at Stauskas after returning in the 2nd and kicking the ball to Nik only to watch him pass on the shot, dribble inside, and get nothing. He was chatty with the refs, and the relationship with Corbin was interesting...because I'm not sure who was n control. At times Corbin seemed to just be lurking in the background while Cuz tried to one an franchise this game , barking instructions, yelling encouragement, and on the final play of the game, calling his own number. There were a number of those special superstar only plays that we've been missing An incredible baseline fallaway out of bounds he hit. On the break with a big Magic Johnson half court bounce pass to Sessions for a layup -- sort of thing Webber used to do. And his passing was a huge kick in the pants to our offense, as half the time he really was trying to spoonfeed the whole team. It was great to see in a lot of ways, but there is also just a little uneasiness, because what we had out there seemed to be a guy who no longer trusted his teammates, and maybe his franchise, and so he was going to do it all himself and make everyone win. I was glad when Rudy stepped up late, because after their collapse without him, it almost feels like his teammates are going to have to reearn his respect now. He came out in the third getting his foul drawing game going inside, either driving on Zaza and slamming into him, or posting up O'Bryant. And he was very active defensively trapping and getting his hands on balls...which again, there was an uneasy feel to it. Basically like the perimeter guys had been so pathetic on defense in the first half that in the second half Boogie came out looking to one man swarm and stop all the Bucks himself. The Bucks started sending a second late at him, and there started to be turnovers as guys were swooping in to poke and swipe. Along the way he had several shaky ref calls go against him, but I suppose a good sign would be that despite his general agitation, he didn't let the bad calls shake him like they once would have. Was back to start the 4th, looked very tired by that point, but damnit if we didn't absolutely need every minute, and so amazingly he ended up playing the entire final stanza. If there was a minutes limit either Corbin ignored it trying to ride him, or maybe Cousins just waved it off himself. In any case despite at times noticeably laboring to get up and down the floor Cuz turned in an inspiring performance here. He really, ahem, warriored it out, which should make our dip of an owner happy. There wee some great defensive stands down the stretch, he powered through O;Bryant for one of those half hooks we havenb't seen enough of of late, and were it not for the turnovers was playing a remarkable game for his first time back. But until Rudy finally stepped up there just wasn't enough help to get us over the top, and with Cuz obviously exhausted from the effort, the two times we went to him in hte final minutes he came up empty. Most notable of course was the final shot of the game when...look, even if he was fresh, if you're drawing a play up for Cousins to win it, it can't end up being a 20 foot step back jumper out of a high double/trap. I think we wanted him to drive, but the Bucks sniffed it out and raced a second man at him. In any case, it was a bad possession, we lose, and like Chris Webber a decade ago after rimming out that game winning three against KG in Game 7 of our last playoff run with him, Cousins fell to the floor on his stomach and lay there a while, spent. He clearly desperately wanted this one, and utterly spent whatever he had. You gotta love the desire, but going forward we somehow despite the front office meddling have to reestablish that one for all all for one cohesive unit idea that we had under Malone. Tonight it felt like Cuz felt he had to do it all alone, and not even he is that good.--Brick

Stats: 41min 22pts (8-10, 1-2, 5-5) 4reb 3ast 0stl 0blk 3TO
McLemore ( B- ) -- Ben opened up the game in all-offense mode. He went 5-5 in the first quarter for 11 points and the only blemish on the period was the fact that O.J. Mayo dropped 13 on him (and 4 that weren't on him). O.J. was basically running Ben ragged, cutting off of perimeter screens, down screens, double screens basically every play, and when he wasn't shaking Ben on the pick he was getting around him anyway - Ben allowed an unconscionable back-door cut from the wing for a dunk and gave up a really nice baseline drive that O.J. fortunately threw over the top of the backboard. Ben was quiet in the second, and given that he spent much of his time guarding Khris Middleton the Bucks did essentially nothing against him, either. Then Ben came back out in the third aggressive, forcing a turnover on a shaky Bucks break and after missing a three turned it around to make two nice drives to the basket and later get fouled on a three. He scored nine in the third before going quiet again in the fourth. He didn't score again until the 30-second mark of the game, when he hit two clutch free throws to tie the game. Unfortunately, he was forced to foul Pachulia from behind in the lane following an offensive rebound and Pachulia's one free throw ended up being the difference in the game. In the end, Ben allowed 21 points on 17 shots while scoring 22 on 12 shots, remarkably turning his evening into a plus despite Mayo burning him in the first. Mayo got into foul trouble and only scored 2 points after the first, and Ben ultimately finished with the best +/- for the team on the night--Capt.

Stats: 40min 15pts (6-11, 2-4, 1-1) 1reb 5ast 3stl 0blk 2TO
Collison ( C ) -- funny how Boogie was back, and suddenly efficient support player Collison showed up with him...at least on offense...at least for a half. Back in the comfortable shadows behind not two, but this time THREE 20pt scorers, DC was able to score efficiently slipping to the hoop and taking passes from Cuz. I held this grade up because i was trying to take a look at video Clips of the Bucks scoring to confirm my impressions last night, but NBA.com's system remains rather better imagined than it is executed,a nd so I'll just have to go with my initial impressions: Collison looked lost out there on defense. All our perimeter guys did. I don't know, maybe Corbin is putting in changes to emulate the awesome Jazz defense of last year, but for whatever resson it wasn't so much that Collison was being burned 1 on 1 so much as it was that all the Bucks guards are bigger/longer than him, he seemed constantly confused about when to switch and when to rotate, and at multiple key points int eh game he got caught on bigger personnel who took advantage of the situation. In fact other than the "ahhh...back in my comfort zone" efficiency offensively in the early going, I didn't think he looked terribly focused or comfortable out there and Knight frequently got the better of him. looked lost in our 3 guard lineups -- because you know, we haven't been able to consistently find two good guards in any given game on the season, so obviously the answer is to pay three. And after half the offense disappeared too. On one key frustrating play in the 4th Boogie collected a Bucks miss and outletted it up to DC for a quick attack...and Collison just flat took his eye off the ball and let it roll out of bounds. Finally stepped up to hit a catch and shoot three in the corner with 3:30 to go for his first points of the 2nd half. But he followed that with a missed pullup too early in the shotclock, and on the Bucks final, winning, score, he and Ben were far too small to keep Pachulia off the boards after Cuz had to go and help on defense. Which BTW would be a classic problem with playing small. Yo Vivek, if you're reading, I am trying to teach you a little BBall 101 here. --Brick

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bench

Stats: 3min 0pts (0-0, 0-0, 0-0) 1reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 0TO
Hollins ( INC ) -- he came, he saw, he played a little D, he got two quick fouls, I think Vivek or PDA probably activated Corbin's shock collar, and he was pulled and never returned. --Brick

Stats: 24min 9pts (2-5, 2-4, 3-4) 3reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 2TO
Williams ( C- ) -- Williams played 24 minutes as really only one of two big-minute bench players and though he gave us some things out there, it just felt as if he could have given us even more. In the 3rd quarter he knocked down two huge catch-and-shoot 3pt shot with-in 2.5 minutes of each other, but other than those two shots in 2 minutes he was largely invisible. He had two turn-overs and only 3 rebounds which is really disappointing because he was spending a lot of time guarding guys smaller than him like Dudley. And that is where some of the problems were as he didn’t really focus on the defensive side of things and was getting beat quite a bit by the smaller players.He shot the ball for a good percentage, which is great, and he did attack the rim a couple of times to get to the foul line, but it felt as if he could have been more of a mis-match out there and he wasn’t able to get himself into position to take a dvantage.He closed out the game for the last 5 minutes, but really was a complete non-factor as he didn't do anything to really impact the game to help the Kings try to pull out the win. --Uncia

Stats: 10min 2pts (1-1, 0-0, 0-0) 0reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 2TO
Landry ( F ) --Carl probably deserves an F as well, but he only played 10 minutes, and hardly touched the ball when he was on the floor. He did share the same problem as JT by leaving Dudley wide open. He had a put back, and that was it. No rebounds, bad defense and I don't feel like writing anything more. 29 combined minutes for the two of them, and only 3 rebounds against an undersized team. Just horrible! --Baja

Stats: 22min 9pts (3-9, 0-1, 3-4) 3reb 5ast 0stl 0blk 2TO
Sessions ( C ) -- ah, the ever polarizing Ramon Sessions, with another polarizing night. First, people who are so firmly committed to the idea of his misery really need to flip the page a bit. Been a few weeks now he's been a frequent contributor, but as it was tonight, you are never sure how much his contributions are really moving us forward. His best minutes in this one came early when he was working well with Cousins in the 2nd. Took a beautiful bounce pass length of court from Cuz for an alleyoop, turned around and set Cuz up the other way, and then took another pass from Cuz and got to the line. Give him a superstar to play off of, and it all works much better. Later in the quarter after Cuz was out added a nice quick dropoff pass on the break along the baseline for an assist. The problem was on the other end, where Ramon was just completely ineffective per usual, and that alone explains a large part of his huge -20 +/- on the night. It didn't help that he was used as part of Corbin's 3-can't-guard lineups. Back in at the end of the 3rd and got a running flip. But then started his wild attacking stuff, and after a particularly terrible attempt to pass it over the top to fronted Cousins, that flew 6 feet over Cousins head and out of bounds, he was done. Don't entirely buy the boxscore on this one, but don't entirely buy the +/- either. He wasn't a disaster. Early on he was even pretty good working with Cousins. But rarely do you feel really happy with his outings. --Brick

Stats: 9min 0pts(0-1, 0-1, 0-0) 0reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 1TO
Stauskas ( INC ) -- Once again, Nik is basically irrelevant. He did "hit" one three after the whistle blew on a foul away from the ball, so there is that. And I have to admit that he play play effective defense on O.J. Mayo's attempted one-on-three fast break to force a miss despite Mayo's head of steam. Outside of that he did nothing good, and managed to fumble a jump ball tip that was basically uncontested to give the Bucks a free possession. No grade, salvaged by the fact that he just didn't spend enough time on the floor. --Capt.

Last edited:
Same old kings

Early lead blown? Check
4th quarter collapse? Check
Comeback attempt falls short? Check
Awesome final play? Check
Loss to a sub par team missing key players on our home floor? Check!

At least it was exciting Jazz Band style NBA 3.eatcrap basketball

Largely the same issues with more defensive breakdowns.

The biggest different in the brief post-Malone period is that the team looks less in control of the game.

I felt like Cousins was trying to do too much to salvage what's going on. This is bothersome on two parts: 1. He's not yet learned to trust his guys to help. 2. The vibe is bad enough that he feels he has to superman the team.

K

KingMilz

Decision making and defense were at all time low for the season.

#Cousins was a beast but it was sort of like the Houston game where one to many times he tried to create something way to far out on the floor including the last shot. Incredible he did what he did after 10 games out.
#Gay, made a couple clutch buckets but on the other end was getting schooled by Dudley/Greek Freak and whoever else, I just thought overall his stats were much better than his performance
#Mclemore got torched by Mayo to start with but scored at a insane clip himself and was making Monta Ellis moves to the rim and showing improvment
#Sessions/Nik/Landry: just awful these 3 to me are just UN-watchable right now
#Collison played well, sort of struggled a bit against Knight (who's been a beast this year), the guy for my taste passes up to many looks (he's a good shooter) and needs to handle the ball a lot more. Be more aggressive DC.
#JT looked like something from 2 years ago, maybe Malone gave him confidence in himself, he looked like a shell of the guy I was watching this year, I would say his worst game.
#Derrick, made a couple of huge 3's but aside from that not much really was invisible both ends.

Is Casspi still injured?

1. Cousins looked great out there on offense, however his defense was just ok. I think his competitive nature got in a way of his game a little tonight. He kept trying to force plays that weren't there which resulted in his 6tos. Overall, great game for Cousins. I have no doubt that if we was fully healthy, this game would've been a W.

2. Gay was terrible on defense. I don't know if he guarded Dudley the entire time, but he made him look like Klay Thompson. Terrible on defense. His offense was invisible at the end of the 3rd despite his numbers. However, I think he came alive in the 4th and was actually clutch... who would've thought? He did great in the 4th, but the rest of the quarters are forgettable.

3. Collison had a few unforced TOs tonight. His defense was terrible. There's no way anyone can really sugar coat his defensive performance. On offense, he seemed invisible. I'm starting to feel like he's just a game manager type of PG. I think this was a poor game from him despite his stats tonight.

4. Thompson was bad. Mostly it was because of the matchups. There was no one out there who he could defend.. I swore they were all 6'6 and under.

5. McLemore started off hot, but was terrible on defense... my god did OJ Mayo light a fire. McLemore continued to struggle on all his defensive assignments. However, he started to pick it up towards the end of the 4th. I think it was just a bad defensive game from him tonight. I think there were a few minor errors. On offense, he was amazing. Wow. This is probably his best offensive scoring game of his career. Ben has a lot of promise.

6.D-Will was probably our best bench player tonight. He was ok defensively and hit a few nice shots for us. He was being very aggressive on offense. I wouldn't mind seeing him get more minutes. D-Will is a good player when he gets to play SF.

7. Sessions-I actually felt like his offense was good today. He managed the team very well and hit a few shots for us. His stats says he went 3-9, but there was a possession where he kept grabbing his own rebound and attempted a shot 3x in a row... I think he gave it up for an assist after getting the last rebound. However, his defense was bad. It was flat out bad. But who's wasn't? Terrible terrible terrible. No words.

8. Stauskas-OK. He didn't get a ton of minutes, but when he was in, he did nothing. Way too much just standing and waiting by the 3pt line by him. Defense was as bad as everyone elses

9. Landry-Bad. Poor matchups for him tonight both ways. He was fairly quiet and didn't really get into any type of rhythm.

I swear the Bucks had a lot of lineups where there were 4 guards and O'Bryant..

Grades go as follows.

Gay - A+....His dunk was NBA 3.0 at it's finest. I cracked open the wallet and bought season tickets for the next 4 years after that.

Thompson - F....No dunks. No cool shots. No breakaway baskets. Just defense. JT = Boring. Plz trade for Josh Smith Vivek!!1!11!

Cousins - C+.... Made some baskets but they were all boring. Except the fadeaway baseline shot. He gets a + added to his C for that.

McLemore - B.... Freakin sweet NBA 3.0 alley oop dunk. Some semi exciting 3 pointers. Lots of running and no boring defense.

Collison - D-....Too small to dunk a lot. Boring player. Runs fast sometimes so he gets a D- instead of an F. Vivek not happy.

Hollins - F....Too much defense is possible with him. So boring. Like OMG SO boring. Please retire. Lame-O!

Williams - A+++....Sooooooo much dunk potential! NBA 3.0 pumps through his veins. Excitement, he has it. Boomshakalaka!!!!

Landry - D....Like Landry is so totally NBA 2.0. LOL Loser. Learn to jump higher and run faster dude. This is 2014.

Sessions - A+....Runs like, super duper fast. Umm LMAO OMG!

Stauskas - F....If Landry is freakin' NBA 2.0 then Stauskas is like NBA 1.0 ROTFLMAO!

Am I doing it right Vivek?

Grades go as follows.

Gay - A+....His dunk was NBA 3.0 at it's finest. I cracked open the wallet and bought season tickets for the next 4 years after that.

Thompson - F....No dunks. No cool shots. No breakaway baskets. Just defense. JT = Boring. Plz trade for Josh Smith Vivek!!1!11!

Cousins - C+.... Made some baskets but they were all boring. Except the fadeaway baseline shot. He gets a + added to his C for that.

McLemore - B.... Freakin sweet NBA 3.0 alley oop dunk. Some semi exciting 3 pointers. Lots of running and no boring defense.

Collison - D-....Too small to dunk a lot. Boring player. Runs fast sometimes so he gets a D- instead of an F. Vivek not happy.

Hollins - F....Too much defense is possible with him. So boring. Like OMG SO boring. Please retire. Lame-O!

Williams - A+++....Sooooooo much dunk potential! NBA 3.0 pumps through his veins. Excitement, he has it. Boomshakalaka!!!!

Landry - D....Like Landry is so totally NBA 2.0. LOL Loser. Learn to jump higher and run faster dude. This is 2014.

Sessions - A+....Runs like, super duper fast. Umm LMAO OMG!

Stauskas - F....If Landry is freakin' NBA 2.0 then Stauskas is like NBA 1.0 ROTFLMAO!

Am I doing it right Vivek?
We scored 107 there should be no complaints

2. Gay was terrible on defense. I don't know if he guarded Dudley the entire time, but he made him look like Klay Thompson. Terrible on defense. His offense was invisible at the end of the 3rd despite his numbers. However, I think he came alive in the 4th and was actually clutch... who would've thought? He did great in the 4th, but the rest of the quarters are forgettable.
Because Gay was the guy I was watching, I just feel like quibbling just a bit.
Gay was matched up against Giannis for the 1st and 3rd quarters and Giannis only scored 6 points against him the entire game...so I think you could consider the above as keeping the Greek Freak in check.
Now, there was some horrible lapses in defense by Rudy (with his brain freeze to end the half by not rotating over to Knight who hit a wide open 3), but other than a couple of lapses, the D was solid.
As to the 'invisible' offense after 3 quarters...he had 9 points and was leading the team in assists with 5...so his points were down a little, but he was doing a great job getting the ball to players in position to score. (He had a lot of good passes which would have been assists had his teammates not been fouled or missed chip shots)

It's just really clear that he's happy to have Cousins back, because it takes so much pressure off of him and he can be free to just play his smooth brand of basketball.

Anyway, just a little quibble here.

Why do I have a feeling that Ty Corbin and Demarcus isn't gonna work out? I was watching Corbin during the game. While Demarcus was arguing with a ref in front of him, Corbin was sitting on the bench shaking his head. Malone would've been up, backing Cousins or trying to calm him down. At the very least, he would've been standing and engaged in the interaction. From what i've seen here and from his stint on the Jazz, I honestly don't think that Tyrone has the makeup to anything more than a nice assistant in the association.
Not happy at all with our apparent return to trying to outscore the other team. Brings back some not so fond memories.
Noticed multiple instances where Rudy ignored Cousins in favor of an ISO. They had a good thing going earlier in the season. Hopeful that they can return to that.
Pretty surprising actually how much JT's shooting ability has regressed, this year. Not only that, but he seems to have lost the ability to defend or rebound without fouling.
I take Cousins over Rudy Gay for the last shot, any day of the week. Rudy has already shown multiple times this season that he is not clutch in that situation.
Definitely happy to have Boogie back. It was a pleasant surprise how effortlessly he was able to return to dominating on the offensive end. I don't think it's a coincidence that this team was suddenly able to rebound the ball again. He also provides a very nice defensive presence inside. Obviously, not surprising that he's not ready to play the full 48 yet.
McLemore has been a HUGE bright spot for this team. He continues to show progress in his ball-handling and confidence, and today he surprised me with some high-IQ plays. Sky is the limit for this man. I do have to say though that his defense seems to have fallen off a bit. Kept getting caught on screens.

I've lost a lot of confidence in the front office over this past week and i'm definitely not a fan of this new vision. Regardless, i'm not ready to check out on this team yet. Kings need to get George Karl ASAP or all of that development under Malone will have been for nothing.

Last edited:
K

KingMilz

At this point I'm almost hoping for a losing streak so that there will be more pressure to bring on George Karl.....
Is there any indication Karl wants to come to a losing team which most of it's pieces are built for the half-court game? If anything Karl should try go after the OKC job or something like that once the Thunder fire Brooks.

I actually liked a lot of what I saw. You could see how the athleticism of our players can work in a system like this. I thought MacLemore, Gay and Cousins looked good. You still have to play some defense though. We allowed the other team to hit three point shots like they where going out of style.
The play at the end was terrible. Really I thought they played pretty well considering what has gone one for the last few weeks.

So now we know I guess that sessions/Williams and landry are front office playing decisions.

Still no Ray. Not a coaching decision. That's forcing sessions on the court by the front office.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Cousins was amazing after coming off severe illness.

The team was poor in 3 point defense. The shot by Cousins was not good shot selection by the Corbin staff. That last shot and the poor defense is worrisome going forward. I sure hope Corbin doesn't take on the role of just a caretaker. He's got to take control of this team and demand from them good basketball.

Cousins was amazing after coming off severe illness.

The team was poor in 3 point defense. The shot by Cousins was not good shot selection by the Corbin staff. That last shot and the poor defense is worrisome going forward. I sure hope Corbin doesn't take on the role of just a caretaker. He's got to take control of this team and demand from them good basketball.
I agree he needs to do that, but easier said than done. Everyone knows he's not around for long.

Cousins really was amazing. I feel really badly for him that he has to now try to this sinking ship afloat. It's not fair to him.

Sadly, had to retire the future is bright quote from Cwebb. It got really dark in here all of a sudden. I really think the future was bright, but it's now a complete mystery.

Last edited:
Man, I just feel so bad for Cousins. That man has more fire and will to win than anyone I've seen in a long time. These past 3 weeks must be eating away at him so bad. The image of him just laying down face first on the court after last nights game says it all.

We need a few big wins under our belt to give this team some life. A win against the Lakers, obviously. If we could take down a hot Warriors team (one can dream can't he?), things would feel a lot different around here.

Hang in there Boogie. You've got an entire city and more behind you.

G

GQ_Gabriel

Why do I have a feeling that Ty Corbin and Demarcus isn't gonna work out? I was watching Corbin during the game. While Demarcus was arguing with a ref in front of him, Corbin was sitting on the bench shaking his head. Malone would've been up, backing Cousins or trying to calm him down. At the very least, he would've been standing and engaged in the interaction. From what i've seen here and from his stint on the Jazz, I honestly don't think that Tyrone has the makeup to anything more than a nice assistant in the association.
Not happy at all with our apparent return to trying to outscore the other team. Brings back some not so fond memories.
Noticed multiple instances where Rudy ignored Cousins in favor of an ISO. They had a good thing going earlier in the season. Hopeful that they can return to that.
Pretty surprising actually how much JT's shooting ability has regressed, this year. Not only that, but he seems to have lost the ability to defend or rebound without fouling.
I take Cousins over Rudy Gay for the last shot, any day of the week. Rudy has already shown multiple times this season that he is not clutch in that situation.
Definitely happy to have Boogie back. It was a pleasant surprise how effortlessly he was able to return to dominating on the offensive end. I don't think it's a coincidence that this team was suddenly able to rebound the ball again. He also provides a very nice defensive presence inside. Obviously, not surprising that he's not ready to play the full 48 yet.
McLemore has been a HUGE bright spot for this team. He continues to show progress in his ball-handling and confidence, and today he surprised me with some high-IQ plays. Sky is the limit for this man. I do have to say though that his defense seems to have fallen off a bit. Kept getting caught on screens.

I've lost a lot of confidence in the front office over this past week and i'm definitely not a fan of this new vision. Regardless, i'm not ready to check out on this team yet. Kings need to get George Karl ASAP or all of that development under Malone will have been for nothing.
I would disagree. He's missed some chances late THIS season but Rudy Gay is a clutch scorer. I would say not going to him for the last possession really costed us. He had 2 straight buckets to tie the game, and as soon as I saw DMC in the huddle during timeout demanding that the ball be given to him, I had a bad feeling. He played great all in all, but how many times have we seen DeMarcus way out high with the ball in game winning situations. It has always either ended in getting stuffed or taking a low percentage shot. If we're going to DMC for a game winner, he better be under the basket or in on a post-up play.

I would disagree. He's missed some chances late THIS season but Rudy Gay is a clutch scorer. I would say not going to him for the last possession really costed us. He had 2 straight buckets to tie the game, and as soon as I saw DMC in the huddle during timeout demanding that the ball be given to him, I had a bad feeling. He played great all in all, but how many times have we seen DeMarcus way out high with the ball in game winning situations. It has always either ended in getting stuffed or taking a low percentage shot. If we're going to DMC for a game winner, he better be under the basket or in on a post-up play.
Maybe I just wasn't watching those games, but I feel like this hasn't been an often occurrence at all...