George Karl's Wild Ride

• Thread starter SacramentoKings
  • Start date
bring in thibs now.

bring demarcus back to the inside.

bring back defence.

bring this god dam season back on track. We cant ship another season. We really cant and the way we are shaping up, its heading that way.

Rondo/Collison lineup is NEVER going to work...EVER. Both are terrible on defense..so let's put the league's worst defenders against one of the quickest backcourts in the NBA. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

This is a game where I think you needed Ben to guard one of them.

I think that would be the 1oth coach sacked in as many years. Doesn't really matter who you're coach is when your front office and ownership aren't making smart decisions. Case in point you're talking about a coach that was just hired less then a year ago.

gunks

Hall of Famer
bring in thibs now.

bring demarcus back to the inside.

bring back defence.

bring this god dam season back on track. We cant ship another season. We really cant and the way we are shaping up, its heading that way.

Despite my snarky allusions to a fire Karl thread in the game thread..... I actually came here to cry for patience! Sure, there's been red flags, but Karl is a great coach and we have a new roster that still contains holes... not to mention our best player is out. And the last thing our franchise needs is more instability, and that's what we'd get with yet another coaching change.

Yes, I was going to say all that. But then your post reminded me that Thibs is available.

And I was like..... "Mmmmmmm. Thibs, eh? Yes, that COULD work!"

So, uh... Never mind.

Only 5 games in and we out for blood lol. I love this fan base. But you're right I got better lineups in my 2k season
And 2 of the games without their all star center. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I believe Malone went 0 for something without Cousins.

Buckle up for a couple rough weeks. It's not going to be good for those with weak stomachs.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I know some will argue we cycle through coaches too much so keep him for stability.

This season however is too important to run out an up and down, spread offense system which doesn't fit our best players while our defense looks as unorganized as ever(product of poor game planning from the coaches).

Fire him? Too early for that but priorities need to be changed. Need to focus on the halfcourt offense and our defense. Stop immediately turning to small ball like an addict. We're dropping games we should be winning and this season is a bottom line business, wins are the only thing which matters. That's it. There is no more patience, time to build, grow the youth, get a good pick, etc, it's playoffs or bust.

As I said, too early, I'll wait a few more weeks but I also said this past summer not firing Karl would be a mistake. So far I'm not seeing anything suggesting that was wrong.

I think that would be the 1oth coach sacked in as many years. Doesn't really matter who you're coach is when your front office and ownership aren't making smart decisions. Case in point you're talking about a coach that was just hired less then a year ago.
We have to joke, so we don't cry.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Despite my snarky allusions to a fire Karl thread in the game thread..... I actually came here to cry for patience! Sure, there's been red flags, but Karl is a great coach and we have a new roster that still contains holes... not to mention our best player is out. And the last thing our franchise needs is more instability, and that's what we'd get with yet another coaching change.

Yes, I was going to say all that. But then your post reminded me that Thibs is available.

So, uh... Never mind.
Yeah, and Thibs would come here why? Our reputation for firing coaches already sucks. We dump George Karl and no legitimate coach would even talk to us

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Guys, while it might have some minor value to put some heat on, this is not realistic, nor, truth be told, terribly desirable.

Fire Karl = another automatic lost season and continuation of the dumpster fire rep. He's a 1000 win coach who almost always finds ways to get his teams to 50+ win status. This isn't a Ketih Smart or Corbin completely expendable nobody. I certainly don't mind putting the old man's feet to the flames, or educating Karl to see if an old dog can learn new tricks. But Fire Karl isn't even something to really be seeking until after this season if he fails.

So, uh... Never mind.
I completely agree with you, but its clear as day the push to espouse this style of play is not suited to how this team is built, nor does it adequately make use of our strengths. Given that, id rather move on quickly then waste a season trying to work it out before the inevitable happens.

Yeah, and Thibs would come here why? Our reputation for firing coaches already sucks. We dump George Karl and no legitimate coach would even talk to us
We pay out all our fired coaches. Its the quickest way to a payday and its not like you leave town with a black mark on your coaching career.

Hell its the best paying job in the L.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We pay out all our fired coaches. Its the quickest way to a payday and its not like you leave town with a black mark on your coaching career.

Hell its the best paying job in the L.
I do not mean anything personal by this, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard - and I've been a moderator here for over 12 years.

Guys, while it might have some minor value to put some heat on, this is not realistic, nor, truth be told, terribly desirable.

Fire Karl = another automatic lost season and continuation of the dumpster fire rep. He's a 1000 win coach who almost always finds ways to get his teams to 50+ win status. This isn't a Ketih Smart or Corbin completely expendable nobody. I certainly don't mind putting the old man's feet to the flames, or educating Karl to see if an old dog can learn new tricks. But Fire Karl isn't even something to really be seeking until after this season if he fails.
I agree its not ideal. But i dont want to fluff about whilst this team dwindles by the wayside, disengaged, effortless, playing for pace and tempo - concepts you can hardly hang your hat on in relation to wins.

Thibs is the one coach i have faith in, who could come in a work with our talent pool. He has a good relationship with Cousins and Rudy from his team USA duties and i think this may extend to Rondo also.

Sometimes I wonder how things would've played out if the fan base did NOT go all "Hire Karl!" last winter and patiently waited until Vlade somehow, someway convinced Malone to come back (after kicking Pete to the side). No idea why Malone would've done it, but one can dream.

But yeah, at this point we painted ourselves into a corner. We are stuck with Karl, and my only hope is that Vlade sets him straight, so that we can stop actively sabotaging ourselves and working against our strengths night in and night out. The secondary hope is that Karl does somehow get us into the playoffs as a run-and-gun team and then we just let Boogie take over from there.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
But Fire Karl isn't even something to really be seeking until after this season if he fails.
Applying enough pressure that Vlade walks into his office, throws around some furniture and with Karl looking square at Vlade's bellybutton, tells him in no uncertain terms your two best players are built for the halfcourt, I gave you defensive pieces, if you look at you license plate when you walk out to your car, you'll notice is says CA on the back, not Colorado, so either stop with your pansy, non defensive, small ball system you brought over from the Rockies and use the players you have correctly, or this will be the last season you'll ever coach at the pro level.

Then end it by telling him in a thick Serbian accent, I know people you don't want to know.

That's a happy medium.

Should we ask for blessings from lil b the based god himself? I mean his curses work (KD, Mo speights, James harden) I mean DAMN how can we just have two good weeks of hoop (Malone days) then get thrown into nba hell again?? There has to be some spiritual figure doing this