Game -3: Sacramento Kings vs. Maccabi Haifa 10/18/14 7:30 PM PST, 10:30 EST

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kingsfans.com Official Game Thread
Game -4
Sacramento Kings vs. Maccabi Haifa

By Stephen Tetsu, Drunk. Exhausted. Have work in six hours. Alrighty then, let's do this!

Yap preseason.

Another Preseason, another incredibly unique situation that we won't possibly see during the regular season. While I appreciate the NBA's attempts to internationalize, I'm not so sure that having NBA teams play against glorified summer league teams is quite the way to go. I mean, you don't see the NCAA trying to branch out by having the Jayhawks play an AAU team. But it's preseason, which of course means that we're going to see a poo-ton of strange things, including but not limited to Trey Johnson getting minutes in overtime, Derrick Williams playing 25 minutes a game, bizarre small ball lineups featuring Williams at the 5 and Carl Landry at the 4, and Eric Moreland at times being the only big man on the floor. Also, we sat the best center in the league and still almost won against a Nets team that is probably better than it was last year despite having lost a lot of talent compared to last season (having Not-Jason Kidd as a coach will probably help them). And at the very least, it was a fun game.

Now, as far as I know, this game isn't being broadcast, so if you're going to be attending the game in person, please do not be afraid to send us a candy gram to let us know what you see. Meanwhile, we're almost at the hump and the season opener looms ahead in the distance. But until then, I'm still in phoning it in mode, which means this is, for the time being, it.

GO KINGS!

----

In honor of my neighborhood's local festival, today's random clip of the day is perhaps Japan's closest thing to a timeless summer anthem, Kitajima Saburo's "Matsuri" (lit. trans. "Festival").

I personally reckon that this game would be interesting for the Israeli basketball fans since Omri Casspi and the Kings are going to face the Israeli basketball team Maccabi Haifa tonight, it would be a pleasure to watch Casspi plays against few of his friends from the national basketball team....

I am looking forward for this game, I hope both Casspi and Maccabi will look decent, I obviously wish luck for both teams.

But it's preseason, which of course means that we're going to see a poo-ton of strange things, including but not limited to Trey Johnson getting minutes in overtime, Derrick Williams playing 25 minutes a game, bizarre small ball lineups featuring Williams at the 5 and Carl Landry at the 4, and Eric Moreland at times being the only big man on the floor.
Honestly, this is scary seeing this is happening this early and under a supposedly defensive minded coach named Malone. It was not once, nor twice we've seen such a bizarre small ball lineup. It was as if we are preparing our team against competition at D-league or Euro basketball. And it was as if those frontline pairings are the only pairings the coaching staff could come up with to regularly experiment.

Just think, experimenting with our players I n preseason and before firing them. Is there no reason in this world. And just think, SMALL BALL, OMG!!!!

I'm going to the game tonight and looking forward to my first live view of our new team. For 29 years I've had a Kings dog before each gam I attended - tonight my son nd I are going to dine at Tres Hermanas Restaurant! can't get much better than that.

Just think, experimenting with our players I n preseason and before firing them. Is there no reason in this world. And just think, SMALL BALL, OMG!!!!

I'm going to the game tonight and looking forward to my first live view of our new team. For 29 years I've had a Kings dog before each gam I attended - tonight my son nd I are going to dine at Tres Hermanas Restaurant! can't get much better than that.
I love that place.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kingsfans.com Official Game Thread
Game -4
Sacramento Kings vs. Maccabi Haifa

By Stephen Tetsu, Drunk. Exhausted. Have work in six hours. Alrighty then, let's do this!

Yap preseason.

Another Preseason, another incredibly unique situation that we won't possibly see during the regular season. While I appreciate the NBA's attempts to internationalize, I'm not so sure that having NBA teams play against glorified summer league teams is quite the way to go. I mean, you don't see the NCAA trying to branch out by having the Jayhawks play an AAU team. But it's preseason, which of course means that we're going to see a poo-ton of strange things, including but not limited to Trey Johnson getting minutes in overtime, Derrick Williams playing 25 minutes a game, bizarre small ball lineups featuring Williams at the 5 and Carl Landry at the 4, and Eric Moreland at times being the only big man on the floor. Also, we sat the best center in the league and still almost won against a Nets team that is probably better than it was last year despite having lost a lot of talent compared to last season (having Not-Jason Kidd as a coach will probably help them). And at the very least, it was a fun game.

Now, as far as I know, this game isn't being broadcast, so if you're going to be attending the game in person, please do not be afraid to send us a candy gram to let us know what you see. Meanwhile, we're almost at the hump and the season opener looms ahead in the distance. But until then, I'm still in phoning it in mode, which means this is, for the time being, it.

GO KINGS!

----

In honor of my neighborhood's local festival, today's random clip of the day is perhaps Japan's closest thing to a timeless summer anthem, Kitajima Saburo's "Matsuri" (lit. trans. "Festival").

How timeless off hand? Just spent a frustrating couple of minutes trying to find any English language page which would cooperate on the simple act of putting a year next to that artist and that song.

Rotations should still not be on anyone's mind. We haven't been close to actually seeing what our regular rotation will look like, unless people think Boogies going to average less than 20 MPG this year. I also doubt we'll be closing out games with guys who won't even be on the end of our bench this season.