Fan fest and open house info

I got 4 of the open house tix yesterday. I was bummed I missed out on the fan fest tix on FRI, but happened to stumble across the open house yesterday afternoon. I got the 11am to Noon session.

Re: cupholders, it seems that arena owners are under pressure to maximize seating, and similar to airline trends, are doing this at the cost of seatholder experience. Here's an interesting article from WSJ on this subject.

From what I garner, they could have put cupholders in the armrests, but opted not to because that would take away seats from the current footprint. These seats are valued @ an estimated $1m per seat over an arena's lifetime, mind you. The "closer to the action" argument is valid, but that's if they put cupholders in the backs of seats ala Sleep Train. Cupholders in the armrests were an option for the designers, and this was clearly overruled.

I do wonder if folks complain enough that they'll scramble for a solution in the 2017 off-season. Or we'll find it's not as bad as we thought. :rolleyes:

For anybody that's been to G1C, any suggestions where to park? I'm going to the 11am open house and have no idea what I should do. They are offering free RT service with a ticket to the event (I believe) so I could try to park and ride from the WATT station, but assuming that I don't -- where is the best place to park somewhere near the center?

Question for the morning tour this Saturday.... Do they require a ticket for a 2 year old? We have our 2 tix but thought our 2 year old might like it, but only have the 2 tix

For anybody that's been to G1C, any suggestions where to park? I'm going to the 11am open house and have no idea what I should do. They are offering free RT service with a ticket to the event (I believe) so I could try to park and ride from the WATT station, but assuming that I don't -- where is the best place to park somewhere near the center?
I'm going on light rail but this may be of some help for you and others..

http://www.golden1center.com/visit/directions-and-parking