Demarcus Cousins Watch

How many of them lacked the benefit of a full training camp?
I am disposed to believe that it's some of all of that, except for the last one.
Oh I know, that you would rule out the last one. ;)

Lack of chemistry, no training camp - all valid points.
But still I think it shouldn't be this bad, when two of the best players in this league are joining forces in a calculated move by a franchise, meaning that the Pels actually had time to think about how to play AD+Boogie together before making an offer. So far Boogie and AD are playing around each other not with each other. Half of the time it's ugly, inefficient ISO ball with one guy simply stepping out to let the other go to work. That's not anything to get excited about.
This summer Boogie will need to make a decision wether to sign a longterm deal with NOLA or to test FA. A little glimpse of what the longterm plan is with a AD+Boogie pairing,a glimpse of the true potential of those two stars, when they play off each other would be great for us fans, but also for Boogie to make the correct choice going forward.

Maybe a Gregg Popovich disciple could do the job? I'd be here for it. At worst, it's a lateral move.
Oh please go for Becky Hammon. Imagine the whole 5'6 of her getting right into Demarcus's face to tell him to roll his big, slow ass in the paint. That would be hilarious to watch. The first female headcoach coaching, what is percieved the leagues biggest bully. You can't make this up. :D

fined 50k for abusing jazz and laker fans.

long live boogie.

somewhere vlade is adding pages to his book on 'character' and the glory of it is, no one actually cares...

fined 50k for abusing jazz and laker fans.

long live boogie.

somewhere vlade is adding pages to his book on 'character' and the glory of it is, no one actually cares...
I saw both videos online. I get in both cases he was provoked and in at least the Laker game the heckler was over the top; however, I'm really surprised he's already getting into this stuff. I would have expected him to really be focused on making a fresh start. As much as I love DMC, I'm legit concerned that he may never get himself past this stuff.

I saw both videos online. I get in both cases he was provoked and in at least the Laker game the heckler was over the top; however, I'm really surprised he's already getting into this stuff. I would have expected him to really be focused on making a fresh start. As much as I love DMC, I'm legit concerned that he may never get himself past this stuff.
He won't and they'll forever be people who think it will limit him and people who think it doesn't really matter

20 years ago this is a non issue.

But times have changed and not for the better.
Not so sure about that. NBA has gotten soft in a lot of ways but they have never really tolerated negative interaction directed at fans (at least since the league became more fan friendly in the 80s). Not all of these are exactly the same as the DMC incident but you get the idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcc...rson-Fined-25K-for-Comments-to-Fan.html?amp=y

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2001/02/03/sports/pro-basketball-iverson-fined-for-slur-to-fans.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/sports/pro-basketball-barkley-fined-and-suspended.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1998/apr/25/sports/sp-42963

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm starting to think he has something mentally wrong with him. Seriously.
I don't think you are the first. What I noticed this year is there seemed to be a change in the type of techs he received. I can understand techs that occur because he is intense. At the beginning of this year he picked up a few where he seemed absolutely calm and was just chatting with the refs. Suddenly there would be that familiar tech sign from the ref. Also he is making it part of his routine by establishing position violently. It is almost as if he is daring the refs to call a tech.

The change I THINK I have seen is that the techs now seem deliberate and they are coming at a rapid rate. What he is doing now seems responsive to therapy while what was happening in the first years were more a result of his intensity. I used to support Boogie with the idea his problem would burn out as he got older (common) but this year I lost that faith. As a side note, has he set a record for techs that are reversed? Are the refs part of this sick drama?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Tonight is the first game since the trade that many people just assumed that the Pelicans ought to have played like on Day One. Probably too little, too late for this season, but if they can get some better players around the Big Two (and a half), they're going to be fun to watch next season.

Tonight is the first game since the trade that many people just assumed that the Pelicans ought to have played like on Day One. Probably too little, too late for this season, but if they can get some better players around the Big Two (and a half), they're going to be fun to watch next season.
The off-season is going to be huge for the Pelicans. Not much trying to acquire talent, but trying to build chemistry because Cousins and AD. I think that iff the AD-Cousins combo doesn't work out, people will wrongfully blame Gentry. I already see it happening now. For 2-3 games, lots of NO fans were upset that Cousins kept staying at the 3pt line. They were also upset that he didn't post up enough, and blamed Gentry for this. As Kings fans, we all know that Cuz has evolved his game as perimeter threat who faces up and attacks. While he can be a post player, his positioning still starts out from at least 14-15ft out. So the Cuz we see in NO, is still the offensive version of Cuz we had here. The only real change is playing as a 2nd option, and playing a lot more off-ball. When he was a King, the entire offense revolved around him. So when he's standing at the 3pt line while AD is working down-low, I don't see anything wrong with that. However, a lot of Pelicans are ready to blame Gentry for making Cousins apparently "becoming a perimeter player".

The 2 guys are too talented to not fit. However, I think some egos will be bruised along the road.

Grant said on the radio today people are already getting sick of playing with DeMarcus in Nola.

Meanwhile, the Pels are winning by 20 against Portland tonight.
Yeah NOLA players have nothing else to do with 15 games left in the season than to call Grant Napear and tell him, how much they hate DMC. Meanwhile the big guy is smiling and joking on the bench with his teammates, but that's obviously all fake because "sources"......
I really wonder why Napear does this kind of stupid crap. Why keep talking about DMC? Why keep trying to further ruin his reputation? He isn't a King anymore. DMC jersey most likely will never be retired in SAC. Grant won. Maybe it's time to finally show some class and shut the **** up.

The off-season is going to be huge for the Pelicans. Not much trying to acquire talent, but trying to build chemistry because Cousins and AD. I think that iff the AD-Cousins combo doesn't work out, people will wrongfully blame Gentry. I already see it happening now. For 2-3 games, lots of NO fans were upset that Cousins kept staying at the 3pt line. They were also upset that he didn't post up enough, and blamed Gentry for this. As Kings fans, we all know that Cuz has evolved his game as perimeter threat who faces up and attacks. While he can be a post player, his positioning still starts out from at least 14-15ft out. So the Cuz we see in NO, is still the offensive version of Cuz we had here. The only real change is playing as a 2nd option, and playing a lot more off-ball. When he was a King, the entire offense revolved around him. So when he's standing at the 3pt line while AD is working down-low, I don't see anything wrong with that. However, a lot of Pelicans are ready to blame Gentry for making Cousins apparently "becoming a perimeter player".

The 2 guys are too talented to not fit. However, I think some egos will be bruised along the road.
Well I agree, that most Pelicans fans have a somewhat wrong view on DMC. The most repeated sentence on the Pelicans boards sounds an aweful lot like Bricky's mantra during the Karl tenure - bring the big guy back into the post. :D
But let's not forget, that Karl was the one, who challenged Boogie to become more of a perimeter threat. Boogie admitted he first was extremely reluctant to alter his approach. So I find it hard to believe, that he just hovers around the 3pt line, because he himself is adamant about wanting to play that way. Gentry told he wants to do a lot of things with Boogie, that Karl did. He is a coach known for uptempo, perimeter oriented ball.
I don't know, who started the narrative around here, that Boogie is somewhat uncoachable and just does what he wants out there, but I don't think there is enough evidence to further push this agenda. In fact the changes in Boogies game were actually pretty visible in Karls, Malones and also Joergers tenures.
Long story short - of course Gentry has the final say, how DMC is used. We all know, that Boogie is much more than a low post player and that his biggest strength is his versatility. Some of us even admit, that he has some weak spots in his game with his back to the basket, like his shaky touch on his jumphook or the absence or a left handed jumphook as a counter move.
But still Gentry's approach is questionable, because Cousins biggest strength is, that he can lock people in place in the paint, without a chance to recover. Pelicans aren't using that at all, although it's a huge key in a good high-low game. Under Karl Boogie was doing that multiple times every game mostly when sprinting up the floor.
So in my mind Gentrys biggest mistake isn't, that he doesn't put Cousins in enough 1vs1 low post plays. It's that he has no clue yet, how to let the two bigs play off each other and that he is reluctant to use Boogies massive body and strength to his advantage.