DeMarcus Cousins' Past Teammates

I would love to know how many former teammates of DeMarcus went on to All-NBA teams, All-Star appearances, or to even start for other teams after leaving the Kings. For some reason, I believe the number is incredibly low. I will be doing some research on this but if someone has this information handy feel free to jump in.

I ask this because I was debating with someone about the whole "Cousins has not even won 30 games in his career" thing. I began thinking about his help while here. Obviously there have been a few talented players like IT and Tyreke but if memory serves most players that leave here either wash out or ride the pine for winning teams.

Thoughts?

Off the top of my head...
-All NBA: none
-All-Stars: none (Isaiah Thomas might have a low chance this year, but he's come the closest)
-Starters: Tyreke, IT

I really think that's it. Patrick Patterson plays a solid role for the Raptors, but doesn't start. D-Will is doing alright in NY, but doesn't start. JT doesn't even play anymore. Thomas Robinson - I honestly don't even know where he is, but he definitely isn't starting. Garcia doesn't play anymore and neither does Dalembert (and if he does, he isn't starting, though I think he might have been starting for Dallas at some point). That's all I can think of.

2010-2011 Boogie teammates
Samuel Dalambert played 4 seasons after leaving Sacramento and averaged about 20 minutes per game over those 4 seasons with 4 different teams. His best season after leaving Sacramento was playing in 80 games and starting 68 games for Dallas in 2013-2014 where he averaged 7 points and 7 boards.

Tyreke Evans is in his 3rd season with New Orleans and in the 21 games he started this year he has had his best season with the team. He is averaging 16 points 6 rebounds and 7 assists while shooting 39% from three and 81% from the free throw line.

Marcus Thornton has played for a few teams since leaving Sacramento. This is his best season since being traded. For Houston, he plays 20 minutes per games and he is averaging 11 points 3 boards and 1 assist.

Beno Udrih has played for several teams since leaving Sacramento. His best season since leaving was the half season he played for Orlando where he averaged 10 points 2 boards and 6 assists while playing 27 MPG. Currently, he is averaging 4 points, 2 boards, and 3 assists in 16 MPG for the Heat.

Hassan Whiteside is one of the weirdest cases in NBA history. He washed out for two full seasons before going to the Heat where he now starts basically every game he plays and averages 12 points, 11 boards and a league leading 4 blocks per game.

Francisco Garcia has only started 4 games in his two full seasons outside of Sacramento and has since left the NBA.

Carl Landry has played in 9 games for the Sixers and only started 2 of them. In those games he has averaged 9 points and 3 boards.

Jason Thompson has played in 19 games and only started 1 game for the Warriors and averages 2 points and 2 rebounds.

Donte Green washed out in Sacramento.

Luther Head washed out in Sacramento.

Darnell Jackson washed out in Sacramento.

Pooh Jeter washed out in Sacramento.

Jermaine Taylor washed out in Sacramento.

Antoine Wright washed out in Sacramento.

2011-2012 Boogie Teammates
Isaiah Thomas played half a season with Phoenix before going to Boston where he is currently averaging 22 points, 3 boards, 7 assists and 33 MPG.

JJ Hickson since leaving Sacramento has played for Portland and Denver. In Portland he averaged 13 points and 10 rebounds in 30 MPG. In Denver, he is currently averaging 8 points 5 boards and 17 MPG this season.

Jimmer Fredette has averaged 10 MPG over 2 seasons for New Orleans he has averaged 3 points and 1 assist.

Chuck Hayes has played in 2 games for Houston this season where he played a total of 24 minutes where he had a total of 4 points and 8 rebounds.

John Salmons played 2 seasons after leaving Sacramento. In his last season, he averaged 2 points and 1 rebound for New Orleans.

Terrence Williams played 1 season after leaving Sacramento where he averaged 5 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists for Boston.

Tyler Honeycutt washed out in Sacramento.

Travis Outlaw washed out in Sacramento.

2012-2013 Boogie Teammates
(With each remaining list, I am only including players who have not already been mentioned)​

Cole Aldrich has played 3 seasons since leaving Sacramento. This season he averages 5 points and 4 rebounds in 10 minutes for the Lakers.

Aaron Brooks has played for 3 teams since leaving the Kings. Currently he averages 8 points 2 boards and 2 assists for the Bulls in 16 MPG.

Toney Douglas has played for 3 teams since leaving the Kings. Currently he averages 6 points 1 board and 2 assists for New Orleans. (Is every Pelicans player a former King? lol)

James Johnson has played for Memphis and returned back to Toronto since leaving Sacramento. He currently averages 5 points, 2 boards and 1 assist in 15 MPG.

Patrick Patterson has played for the Toronto Raptors since being traded. There he averages 8 points, 5 boards and 2 assists in 25 MPG.

Thomas Robinson has played for 4 teams since leaving Sacramento. Currently he plays for the Nets where is 10 MPG he averages 4 points and 4 boards.

gunks

Hall of Famer
This is the best squad since the Westphail days. Better even. But, like the Westphail days, we're being sunk by lazy coaching.

Speaking of coaching. .... One could make this same point (lack of talent. Wash-outs) by compiling a "where are they now" list of all the hacks we've had as HC during Cuz's tenure.

I don't know how he's been so loyal to this franchise..... but I guess one could ask the same question about us fans.

Last edited:
2013-2014 and 2014-2015 Boogie Teammates
(With each remaining list, I am only including players who have not already been mentioned)
Jared Cunningham averages 3 points and 1 assist in 11 MPG for Cleveland.

Reggie Evans washed out in Sacramento.

Aaron Gray washed out in Sacramento.

Orlando Johnson washed out in Sacramento.

Luc Mbah a Moute played for the Wolves and Sixers before arriving with the Clippers. Currently, he averages 3 points and 2 boards in 14 MPG for the Clippers.

Ray McCallum averages 2 points 1 board and 1 assist in 9 MPG for the Spurs.

Hamady N'Diaye washed out in Sacramento.

Greivis Vasquez currently averages 7 points, 2 boards, and 4 assists in 23 MPG for the Bucks. He also played for Toronto after Sacramento.

Royce White washed out in Sacramento.

Derrick Williams averages 9 points and 3 boards in 16 MPG for the Knicks.

Sim Bhullar washed out.

Ryan Hollins, this season combined in Washington and Memphis has averaged 2 points and 2 boards in 8 MPG.

Andre Miller has averaged 4 points 1 board 3 assists in 12 MPG for the Timberwolves.

Quincy Miller washed out.

Ramon Sessions is currently averaging 10 points 3 boards and 3 assists in 21 MPG for Washington.

Nik Stauskus is averaging 7 points 2 boards 2 assists in 24 MPG for the Sixers.

I'm not sure about David Wear or David Stockton but I believe they are both in Reno.

Last edited:
Can we please bump this thread everytime someone says Cuz hasn't accomplished anything yet?
Wow, what a list. We are really one of the worst franchises in the NBA.

All-former-Cousins-teammate team

1st team
IT
Thornton
Evans
Hickson
Whiteside
The really ironic part is that we let the two best players of this list (IT & Reke) walk for nothing though they were RFAs. Unbelievable.

Can we please bump this thread everytime someone says Cuz hasn't accomplished anything yet?
Wow, what a list. We are really one of the worst franchises in the NBA.

The really ironic part is that we let the two best players of this list (IT & Reke) walk for nothing though they were RFAs. Unbelievable.
Well we did get Vasquez for Reke who we then traded for Rudy. So we didn't exactly get nothing for him.

Well we did get Vasquez for Reke who we then traded for Rudy. So we didn't exactly get nothing for him.
My bad, you're right. But nevertheless we didn't get equal value for Reke at the time the move was made. The Rudy Gay trade on the other hand is certaintently one of the best moves we made after drafting Cousins.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Just looking back 4 or 5 seasons ago at the teammates this guy had is asinine to think about, I mean they are all pretty much irrelevant or out of the league beside the obvious choices in Reke and IT, JT rides pine. Stauskas plays for a 4 win team, Ben will join the rest of those players mentioned as soon as he is off this team.

17 players in 5 seasons washed out in Sacramento. That doesn't count players who left and within a season or two washed out. That is astounding!

That has got to be league leading, or close. Are the sixers even in that category??

This is actually excellent journalism here, guys. It's the kind of thing that can really shed light on a situation with a player like Cousins. If the Bee did more feature pieces, this would make an excellent subject.

Definitely a lot of players that weren't very good, but the way you've listed them out isnt exactly objective either. Stats are one thing, but a number of these guys are/were key rotation players for playoff or decent teams. Saying something like player X washed out in SAC isn't necesarily an indication that the player was bad if he was simply at the end of his career/ got injured. Also, and particularly for the younger players, the very fact that they didn't win much in SAC inevitably affects their prospects when they left. Jeremy Lin probably isn't a rotation player today if he didn't get that stretch of games to get noticed. Look at Jonathan Simmons right now with the Spurs. Had he been with the Kings in seasons past I highly doubt he'd last beyond this season in the NBA. Cases like Jason Thompson are more indicative of the Warriors depth than his own poor play.

You should consider the players' good seasons with us (for say Dalembert) or their production when we brought them in. Looking at their current stats may not be accurate in what you're trying to achieve (extreme example: if you took Kobe's current season stats and concluded then that he wasn't a good player when he was paired with Cousins 5 years ago). Would those teams then make the playoffs? Maybe not, but on paper I still think they should win more than 30 games.

Definitely a lot of players that weren't very good, but the way you've listed them out isnt exactly objective either. Stats are one thing, but a number of these guys are/were key rotation players for playoff or decent teams. Saying something like player X washed out in SAC isn't necesarily an indication that the player was bad if he was simply at the end of his career/ got injured. Also, and particularly for the younger players, the very fact that they didn't win much in SAC inevitably affects their prospects when they left. Jeremy Lin probably isn't a rotation player today if he didn't get that stretch of games to get noticed. Look at Jonathan Simmons right now with the Spurs. Had he been with the Kings in seasons past I highly doubt he'd last beyond this season in the NBA. Cases like Jason Thompson are more indicative of the Warriors depth than his own poor play.

You should consider the players' good seasons with us (for say Dalembert) or their production when we brought them in. Looking at their current stats may not be accurate in what you're trying to achieve (extreme example: if you took Kobe's current season stats and concluded then that he wasn't a good player when he was paired with Cousins 5 years ago). Would those teams then make the playoffs? Maybe not, but on paper I still think they should win more than 30 games.
I did look at that but honestly outside of Dalembert and Hickson, nobody besides the ones I mentioned in subsequent posts went on to have very good seasons. Notice that everyone essentially with a shot after Sacramento got a shot but did nothing with it. We cannot really call Pooh Jeter and Tyler Honeycutt players that had a legitimate chance outside of Sacramento.

I will concede that "washed out" probably isn't the best terminology for players like Reggie Evans or Travis Outlaw because they had relatively long careers that simply ended in Sacramento. I used that terminology more to show just how many players had Sactown as their last NBA city.

Your argument for Dalembert actually helps my overall argument. You mentioned his good season and his production here. He was an 8-8 player here. Jason Thompson, who many on this site wrote off as a bad player averaged 9-6 that same season. If Dalembert is this franchise's barometer of good players, it shows just how bad we have been.

For Demarcus to drop his flag in the Sacramento grass and declare this is Boogie Country, with the disloyalty and lack of assistance here is nothing short of incredible.

That has got to be league leading, or close. Are the sixers even in that category??

This is actually excellent journalism here, guys. It's the kind of thing that can really shed light on a situation with a player like Cousins. If the Bee did more feature pieces, this would make an excellent subject.
Thank you.

Looking back like this on all those seasons, I'm actually surprised the Kings won as "many" games as they did. Nice job, lwc. Good reminder for Kings fans who seem to have forgotten just how bad our rosters were.
Thank you. I have to admit, it hurt doing the research. :( However, this current roster is a pretty good one despite the record.

It would be interesting to find out what our worst starting lineup ever was from 2007 to now, just out of curiosity...

It would be like watching a horror film, squinting half the time and opening your eyes when you think it's safe, only to find extreme horror!

dude12

Hall of Famer
It would be interesting to find out what our worst starting lineup ever was from 2007 to now, just out of curiosity...

It would be like watching a horror film, squinting half the time and opening your eyes when you think it's safe, only to find extreme horror!
Some lineup that had Jimmer in it?

I did look at that but honestly outside of Dalembert and Hickson, nobody besides the ones I mentioned in subsequent posts went on to have very good seasons. Notice that everyone essentially with a shot after Sacramento got a shot but did nothing with it. We cannot really call Pooh Jeter and Tyler Honeycutt players that had a legitimate chance outside of Sacramento.

I will concede that "washed out" probably isn't the best terminology for players like Reggie Evans or Travis Outlaw because they had relatively long careers that simply ended in Sacramento. I used that terminology more to show just how many players had Sactown as their last NBA city.

Your argument for Dalembert actually helps my overall argument. You mentioned his good season and his production here. He was an 8-8 player here. Jason Thompson, who many on this site wrote off as a bad player averaged 9-6 that same season. If Dalembert is this franchise's barometer of good players, it shows just how bad we have been.

For Demarcus to drop his flag in the Sacramento grass and declare this is Boogie Country, with the disloyalty and lack of assistance here is nothing short of incredible.
Yup. I actually don't think that a lot of the players were bad in themselves, but the problem was they were starting for us where they should have been bench players. I still feel we could and should have won more than 30 games nonetheless but well... Reasons. In particular I'm thinking of the Westphal coached team with both Cuz and Evans. Thought that had promise but we fired Westphal and handed the reins over to Keith (not very) Smart. Then it was just downhill from there.