College Football: Pac-12 Conference

Did you ever think that you would live to see a world in which the Pac-12 conference may not exist?

• Total voters

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Mark Jones is calling the Territorial Cup on ESPN right now, I almost missed that until he did one of his Jonesisms to close the half.

I feel like he's only called one or two of the games I've watched with the Kings feed this year and I really miss him.

Pac-12 gets to live on for another week.

I can think of no greater poetic end to this realignment travesty than the Huskies bringing back one last National Title to the Conference of Champions.

Well, maybe if it was the Cougars or Beavers, but this’ll do.

Hopefully when all the conferences eventually merge into a single super conference, we’ll get a Pac-12 (or 10 or 8) Division of Champions and can pretend this all never happened.

Pac-12 gets to live on for another week.

I can think of no greater poetic end to this realignment travesty than the Huskies bringing back one last National Title to the Conference of Champions.

Well, maybe if it was the Cougars or Beavers, but this’ll do.

Hopefully when all the conferences eventually merge into a single super conference, we’ll get a Pac-12 (or 10 or 8) Division of Champions and can pretend this all never happened.
Meh...I mean...I am not going to actively root for the team, and for them to bring one more title to the Pac, but I am also not going to complain if it happens at the end of the day.

Let's go Team Blue!

Meh...I mean...I am not going to actively root for the team, and for them to bring one more title to the Pac, but I am also not going to complain if it happens at the end of the day.

Let's go Team Blue!
Think of this as preview of next year’s Big 10 Championship.

…. and also consider how weird that sounds.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Rooting for UW. I think the Pac acquitted itself well over bowl season. Cal wasn't a huge shocker. Utah I am guessing (didn't watch) had a bunch of sit outs. OSU did not deserve their fate and I am very sad for them.

The teams that actually played played well. Save for some horrible decision making by UW at the end (and what seems like a really unfortunate rule that would in the future benefit a team attempting to injure players - not to mention they got at least 3 more plays because of clock adjustments/not running off time).

Now that all of these top athletes are basically pros, I say if you take NIL you either play your bowl game or you pay it back. Also coaches should stay at their jobs until bowl season is over and the transfer portal should also only open after Jan 1 at the earliest.

And so the Pac-12 goes out with a whimper.

I mean, as much of a whimper as playing for a National Championship in the final game of the season can be.

Now the team that was caught cheating, punished for cheating, and somehow turned that punishment into an “us versus them” triumph over adversity narrative is the undefeated, undisputed champion of college football set to welcome its opponent into the conference next season.

Perhaps that is an even more fitting end to this saga than the alternative. Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

… And I guess, “good” also has trouble sustaining long drives with a mid-range passing game in the face of relentless QB pressure, and can’t consistently defend the run.

By the way, just how football-centric is our thinking that we’re collectively declaring the Pac-12 dead and gone even as something like 20 sports, including Men’s and Women’s Basketball, will be carrying the conference banner into June?

See you all in the gym as the Red Rocks, Bruins, Bears, and Beavers battle for the Pac-12 crown and a legitimate shot at a national gymnastics title before they’re all dispersed into different conferences next year as well.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I mean my final Pac-12 season of personal care is going on right now.

And I get to keep on hating the B1G and SEC while enjoying what looks like it is about to become the premiere basketball conference in the nation next year. Thank you much. :D

anyways, I thought the Huskies had fight. Obviously the score at the end was not indicative that it was 20-17 and the Huskies appeared to have the momentum. I was listening on the Huskies radio feed when there was an offensive hold that ruined a 30 yard pass for UW. They were going nuts about how BS it was. No idea if so, but it was interesting that for few penalties it seems the refs lets some go UM's way. Another they pointed out was that UW got a punt off while UM had 12 men on the field during the snap that should have given them a first down and refs looked the other way. Since I didn't watch I don't know the veracity of either claim.

I s'pose I am neutral on Michigan. Beats Alabama or Texas winning.