ESPN says Kings have decided to KEEP George Karl

ESPN sources say that the Sacramento Kings, in a dramatic about-face, have decided to keep George Karl in place as coach. From Marc Steins Twitter.

Marc Stein Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say that the Sacramento Kings, in a dramatic about-face, have decided to keep George Karl in place as coach .

What a joke, maybe Vlade is in over his head.

Money has got to be an issue here, Karl wont except a buyout(why would he?) and Vivek/Minority owners know its going to cost a ton to get anyone else in here. They don't want to be on the hook for so much.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you all remember, Carmichael Dave said yesterday on Twitter to brace ourselves, that things were gonna be absolutely crazy for the next couple of days.

Those who want to gloat might want to wait until the dust settles. Just sayin'...

This is going to be a circus, the players probably cant wait to get out of Sacramento, somehow when we think we are about to turn the corner, we become the laughing stock of the league again.

Players aren't going to want to play for a lame duck coach who came with an eye lash of being terminated. What kind of bullcrap is this?

If you all remember, Carmichael Dave said yesterday on Twitter to brace ourselves, that things were gonna be absolutely crazy for the next couple of days.

Those who want to gloat might want to wait until the dust settles. Just sayin'...
None of us fans will gloat, it is basically a lose-lose situation. We fire Karl, our FO looks like a circus. We keep Karl, we have seen the team play recently and we know what we are getting.

Here's to another day of craziness in Kings Land.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I hope this is just a front office gambit designed to root out a mole. Cause if not, we have confirmed to the world that we're bumbling idiots.

I was halfway expecting this.

Rondo likes Karl, and the team is happy with the offense. They just want better defense.

They weren't going to gain any favor from possible replacement coaches by firing Karl, and they would have been stuck with an iterim through the end of the season given Vlade's contract status.

If you are keeping Karl you have to trade Cousins. The players collectively tanked the season in a week and a half because they chose firing Karl> playoffs. This is just a huge dumpster fire. National media deserves to crucify this organization, no defending it anymore.

I think the way it unfolded was, negotiations with Thibs went nowhere (thanks, Knicks!), Karl dug his heels in regarding buyout (he got nothing to lose after all) so Vlade will empower Corliss to be the "actual" coach while Karl will be relegated to post-game pressers figurehead. I just hope all that was discussed with the core players, which knowing Vlade it was. At least that's how I choose to view the situation until the smoke clears, because the alternative is terrifying - Vivek overrode Vlade and told him that Karl plays just the jazzy kind of basketball this franchise needs while reminding him that Vlade's contract is up after this season. And if that's the case, well - "I don't want to live on this planet anymore".