Anyone know what this is about? (Resolved: YES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can’t say much right now, but upcoming here soon the Kings are going to make an announcement that will make people ecstatic. Again, I can’t say more than that but it’s gonna make people very happy."
-Grant on yesterday's show

Any idea what this is about?

LOL it probably is about them buying shares into the club and that it's going to go MLS or something in 2020 or whatever which is too long away for me to even care remotely about.

As soon as I heard that on the radio yesterday I posted my guess. Doug Christie as assistant coach. Just my dumb guess - as good as anybody's.

If it is Monarchs, I'll say Grant "over-represented"

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
be careful what you wish for man. He's publically confessed he's made mistakes. i do not want uncertainty stemming from the very top.

would happily welcome an annoucement re mls soccer and sac getting a team. great for the region. Sacto represent
It's not going to be MLS related. They aren't awarding expansion during CBA negotiations and a possible lockout a couple weeks from now.

Mike malone is Going to be on coach karls staff, thats my shocker guess

If you were Malone would you take the job back at a lower pay and being lower on the totem pole? That would be pretty awesome though if they admitted the mistake and brought him back and paid him the same. Lead assistant or whatever...

"I can’t say much right now, but upcoming here soon the Kings are going to make an announcement that will make people ecstatic. Again, I can’t say more than that but it’s gonna make people very happy."
-Grant on yesterday's show

Any idea what this is about?
They're going to serve Dr. Pepper at the new arena?

Also, is that a direct quote of Grant because I don't see Period! anywhere in it and there's no way he went two sentences without saying Period! Period.

surely there is no way malone comes back as an assistant.

he did a solid job but coming back to us as an assistant would be like recognising to himself and the league that he's fine with being an assistant. Would have thought he'd be great for orlandos head coaching role. Young solid big, great young wing, great young guards. build something there coach and we'll see you in the finals in a few years.

if your malone your focusing on the positives, pushing the story that you were hard done by the circus of ownership/GM in sac and pushing for a head coaching role on a young team. I'll say it - coming back to us would be a step backwards career wise. There is enough there to warrent bigger and better things. Boy would we take him, though its a pipedream i feel.

They're going to serve Dr. Pepper at the new arena?

Also, is that a direct quote of Grant because I don't see Period! anywhere in it and there's no way he went two sentences without saying Period! Period.
I think radio guys adopt certain things in order to fill the airtime. Rome basically restates his one point 3 different ways. I can't stand his show. Grant pauses for the longest time as well. Drives me up the wall. I don't think single person sports radio is for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.