8th seed predictions (the sequel)

Who will get the 8th seed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Placeholder. (Going to list each teams remaining schedule)

Nuggets 8th Place 25-31
2-23 @Kings
2-24 Nets
2--26 Grizzlies
2-28 @Bulls
3-1 @Bucks
3-6 Kings
3-8 Wizards
3-10 Celtics
3-11 @Kings
3-13 Lakers
3-16 Clippers
3-18 Rockets
3-20 @Rockets
4-22 Cavaliers
3-24 @ Pacers
3-26 Pelicans
3-28 @Blazers
3-31 @Hornets
4-2 @ Heat
4-4 @ Pelicans
4-5 @ Rockets
4-7 Pelicans
4-9 Thunder
4-11 @ Mavericks
4-12 @ Thunder

Kings 9th Place 24-33 (1.5 games back)
2-23 Nuggets
2-25 Hornets
2-27 Timberwolves
3-1 Nets
3-5 Jazz
3-6 @Nuggets
3-8 @ Spurs
3-10 Wizards
3-11 Nuggets
3-13 Magic
3-15 @Suns
3-18 @Thunder
3-19 @ Spurs
3-22 Bucks
3-24 @Warriors
3-26 @Clippers
3-27 Grizzlies
3-29 Jazz
3-31 @Pelicans
4-1 @Timberwolves
4-4 Mavericks
4-7 @Lakers
4-9 Rockets
4-11 Suns
4-12 @Clippers

Blazers 23-33 10th Place (2 games back)
2-23 @ Magic
2-26 @ Raptors
2-28 @ Pistons
3-2 Thunder
3-4 Nets
3-6 @ Timberwolves
3-7 @ Thunder
3-9 Sixers
3-11 Wizards
3-12 @Suns
3-14 @ Pelicans
3-15 @ Spurs
3-18 @ Hawks
3-19 @ Heat
3-21 Bucks
3-23 Knicks
3-25 Timberwolves
3-26 @Lakers
3-28 Nuggets
3-30 Rockets
4-1 Suns
4-4 Jazz
4-6 Timberwolves
4-8 Jazz
4-10 Spurs
4-12 Pelicans

Pelicans 23-34 11th place (2.5 games back)
2-23 Rockets
2-25 @ Mavericks
2-26 @ Thunder
3-1 Pistons
3-3 Spurs
3-5 @ Lakers
3-6 @ Jazz
3-8 Raptors
3-11 Hornets
3-14 Blazers
3-15 @ Heat
3-17 Rockets
3-19 Timberwolves
3-21 Grizzlies
3-24 @ Rockets
3-26 @ Nuggets
3-27 @ Jazz
3-29 Mavericks
3-31 Kings
4-2 Bulls
4-4 Nuggets
4-7 @ Nuggets
4-8 @ Warriors
4-11 @ Lakers
4-12 @ Blazers

Last edited:
The following was done before the trade.
My new prediction is we manage to win
2 of next 10.

Also - look ahead for game 76 (March 1st). We will be going to
New Orleans...

I tried to mark the Kings' schedule by (my own) predicted results, below.

I marked red the games I'm quite sure we lose (5 games) and purple - the ones I think we win (13 games).

It may be slightly wishfull, without accounting for any accidents or bad nights.

I am left with 7 marginal, unmarked games (bolded) that I feel would be the decisive ones, the make-or-break factors of our playoff aspirations.

If we take all our scheduled Ws, plus at least ONE of those difference-maker games (making this a 38-W season), I believe we are good to make the 8th!

Of course, for any unwarranted L (i.e. purple game, i.e. scheduled W) we incur, we would need to win another difference-maker game to make up for it.
Kings
2-23 Nuggets
2-25 Hornets
2-27 Timberwolves
3-1 Nets

3-5 Jazz
3-6 @Nuggets
3-8 @SAS

3-10 Wizards
3-11 Nuggets
3-13 Magic
3-15 @Suns

3-18 @Thunder
3-19 @SAS
3-22 Bucks
3-24 @Warriors
3-26 @Clippers

3-27 Grizzlies
3-29 Jazz

3-31 @Pelicans
4-1 @Timberwolves
4-4 Mavericks
4-7 @Lakers

4-9 Rockets
4-11 Suns
4-12 @Clippers

Last edited:
I think the Pelicans take it, barring any injuries. Two all-star/MVP type players at the 4 and 5 with a good PG. There is enough talent to there to get the 8th certainly, but depth is obviously the huge problem. The Nuggets are my 2nd choice, but with a young center in Jokic, they are more apt to lose their grip on the 8th and drop out. Mavericks are old, but somehow I wouldn't feel right by not mentioning them. They have the experience and if the younger teams start making mistakes, they could capitalize.

I think Denver keeps it. NO on the fly has to try and find a way for Cousins and AD to coexist. Its basically AD, Cousins, Holiday and fodder and their coach is a Mike D antoni/Warriors guy. I think they fall just short. Dont forget Cousins is one tech away from suspension, so that still plays a big role this season.

I'm being real optimistic here
Reke channels his 20-5-5 year
D.C. Averages 15 and 5
Willie continues to thrive
Buddy comes into his own
Lawson continues his playmaking ways
Ben continues to thrive

We can still make it right? :(

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm being real optimistic here
Reke channels his 20-5-5 year
D.C. Averages 15 and 5
Willie continues to thrive
Buddy's game falls into place
Lawson continues his playmaking ways
Ben continues shoot out of sight
We can still make it right?
Fixed that for you. ;)

I'm a Kings fan and I'm rooting for the Pelicans. I have no shame in admitting I like Boogie more than any player on our current roster, and I want to see him succeed. It's not like this team will hit with their pick, whether its 7 or 15 anyways...
Why not? So we should just trade our picks every year because we suck at drafting? There are years where you'll hit on good players in spite of yourselves. You only need to hit on one star and drafting a solid player is fine as well.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Thats fine, thats your perogative. Id just like to point out that myself and other IT fans were told to get over it and become a Suns/Celtic fan if you care that much about the name on the back. Im still here.
Becoming a fan of another team doesn't require anyone to leave. And it's not a virtue to keep eating dog****, in the name of supporting the "name on the front"; It might even be a vice.

Becoming a fan of another team doesn't require anyone to leave. And it's not a virtue to keep eating dog****, in the name of supporting the "name on the front"; It might even be a vice.
i dont think its being a pelicans fan that he is taking issue with. it is openly rooting for something that would in a way harm the potential of the kings getting better. i mean this is a kings fan site. one would assume it is filled with mostly kings fans who want the kings to do well

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Why not? So we should just trade our picks every year because we suck at drafting? There are years where you'll hit on good players in spite of yourselves. You only need to hit on one star and drafting a solid player is fine as well.
We had the star. We just traded him for Buddy Heild and a chance to maybe pick a guy who could be even a fraction of what we already had.

I have zero confidence or faith in this team. I'm not gonna stop rooting for them, but I'm also venturing out of my shielded little nest and cheering my favorite player too even if that goes against "my" team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
i dont think its being a pelicans fan that he is taking issue with. it is openly rooting for something that would in a way harm the potential of the kings getting better. i mean this is a kings fan site. one would assume it is filled with mostly kings fans who want the kings to do well
Who said that I self-identified as a Pelicans fan? I was never on Cousins like that; you may have me confused with another mod. Right at this moment, I'm more anti-Kings than I am pro-anybody else. I have a personal interest in seeing a Cousins/Davis tandem succeed, because I want to see a big man renaissance in the NBA, but that's about as far as it goes.

If I were going to become a Pelicans fan, it would have been when the Kings traded Evans there. If anything, I would be disposed to re-commit as a Kings Fan, now that he's back in Sacramento, but... not really.

Who said that I self-identified as a Pelicans fan? I was never on Cousins like that; you may have me confused with another mod. Right at this moment, I'm more anti-Kings than I am pro-anybody else. I have a personal interest in seeing a Cousins/Davis tandem succeed, because I want to see a big man renaissance in the NBA, but that's about as far as it goes.

If I were going to become a Pelicans fan, it would have been when the Kings traded Evans there. If anything, I would be disposed to re-commit as a Kings Fan, now that he's back in Sacramento, but... not really.
thats right. who said you were a pelicans fan?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
1. Vlade already sunk that boat.

2. Maybe you need to wait more than 24 hours to make that assumption.

The Kings aren't going anywhere this year, for the simple reason that ONCE AGAIN they found a way to turn possible victory into near certain defeat. If people want to see GOOD BASKETBALL, why not root for the team with the player we just lost to show his potential in the playoffs?

I want the front office to have this rubbed in their faces for a long time. They are dead to me. I will root for the guys wearing the jerseys but everyone else, including my namesake, can take a flying leap. They created this situation and I hope they come to realize just how bad a dumpster fire it is.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why? If you were a Kings fan you would root for them to lose and get us a better pick.
Revised objection: The number of the pick is irrelevant if the person making the selection isn't qualified. I've defended Vlade a lot over the years but I have to admit that I'm less and less prone to do so going forward. It can be the best draft in the world but I'm not sure Vlade has a vision right now ... or that Vlade is even calling the shots. I want to believe. I believed before, though, and then yesterday happened.