Game 3 - Thu. April 24, L.A. Clippers at Golden State, Clippers 98-96
Game 4 - Sun. April 27, L.A. Clippers at Golden State, Warriors 118-97
Game 5 * Tue. April 29, Golden State at L.A. Clippers, Clippers 113-103
Game 6 * Thu. May 1, L.A. Clippers at Golden State, TBD, TBD
Game 7 * Sat. May 3, Golden State at L.A. Clippers, TBD, TNT

All times EDT

Discuss ;)

Last edited:
The Warriors always seem to find a way to make a playoff series in which they are the clear underdogs interesting in the end. Blake and Company will prove to be too much for the Dubbies to handle in the end. Clippers take this one 4 - 2

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is one of those situations where I'd just as soon vote for both to lose! I'll be rooting for an earthquake. ;)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I rarely if ever watch a game where I have no personal interest beyond a general interest in basketball. This is a series I may watch. As an example, I watched no post season games last year including the championship series. Not sure I can tell you who the NBA champ is. I'll also watch Tyreke for the same reason I would watch the Kings if they made it this far. Tyreke is still one of us as far as I am concerned.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I rarely if ever watch a game where I have no personal interest beyond a general interest in basketball. This is a series I may watch. As an example, I watched no post season games last year including the championship series. Not sure I can tell you who the NBA champ is. I'll also watch Tyreke for the same reason I would watch the Kings if they made it this far. Tyreke is still one of us as far as I am concerned.
I think this series and OKC/Memphis are the two top 1st round matchups to watch. Hou/Por will also be good.

The East matchups are crap. I will watch Tor/BK though. Happy for MT getting a shot to do some damage in the postseason.

I wouldn't be surprised if GSW advance. They match up pretty well. I hope they go through - not that I'm a big fan of them, but the Clippers can cease to exist and the NBA would be better off. I'm sure DeMarcus might agree.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think this series and OKC/Memphis are the two top 1st round matchups to watch. Hou/Por will also be good.

The East matchups are crap. I will watch Tor/BK though. Happy for MT getting a shot to do some damage in the postseason.
It is always interesting to see what happens when a player gets a change of scenery. At no time did I think that MT became crap. I honestly didn't know how he had been doing so that would be interesting to see.

A more interesting issue will be how many total techs are called in this series. Prepare for lots of dirty plays and flopping

This is one of those situations where I'd just as soon vote for both to lose! I'll be rooting for an earthquake. ;)
I won't go as far as a earthquake, too many innocents (i.e. civilians) that could get hurt. I'll settle for a sinkhole during handshakes.

Okay, so the big question is....Does the NBA suspend Blake Griffin for this? IMO, they are cowards if they don't. He CLEARLY did this on purpose and I think the NBA will send a really bad message if they don't suspend him. You can't do this crap to fans under any circumstances. He's a punk.

I was at this game, lots of Warriors fans made it to the Staples Center. Really fun game despite the refs calling too much, the difference in intensity of playoff basketball and a regular season game is staggering(I was at the Clippers vs Kings game last week as well). I was a Kings fan semi rooting for the Warriors in a Clippers free playoff t shirt. Sometimes you notice things live that you don't on TV and for me it was how good/underrated David Lee is. His ability to finish with either hand is amazing, he also did a very good job on Griffin.

Okay, so the big question is....Does the NBA suspend Blake Griffin for this? IMO, they are cowards if they don't. He CLEARLY did this on purpose and I think the NBA will send a really bad message if they don't suspend him. You can't do this crap to fans under any circumstances. He's a punk.

Absolutely on purpose. Then to drop the cup at the fan and have that little smirk? I hope there are major consequences.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

If nothing else, he should be hit with a technical. I'd like to see him taken outside, put in a pillory and stoned but I'm not always logical when it comes to Blake Griffin.

Still no word from the NBA. Considering what DMC has been suspended and fined for over his career, this would be an epic fail in the NBA does nothing. Also, it's funny that nba.com, of course, doesn't show the above video of him throwing the water. They only show the interview afterwards when a Clippers fan reporter asks him about the water that was "inadvertently" thrown on a GS fan. Interestingly enough, Blake doesn't deny it, he just blabs on about the cup not being that full and he apologizes. See below.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/n...fin-water-dump.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Glenn

Hall of Famer
NBA.com does show the video of him throwing the water. He got pretty defensive in the interview by saying the glass was half full. It was clearly deliberate.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You gotta admit, though, that outta the two LA teams, the one currently in the playoffs happens to be the more tolerable one...
Nope. There is no "more tolerable" team from LA. I absolutely detest Blake Griffin and Chris Paul. I think the Staples Center turns players into total and complete arses. Whatever the reason, watching the two of them makes my skin crawl.

So no fine, no suspension for throwing water on a fan. I'm honestly amazed. I thought they'd take the easy way out and just fine him but I'm sure they thought that fining him would be an admission that they thought he did it on purpose which would normally lead to a suspension for an act like that. So, instead, they took the opinion that he didn't do it on purpose. Yeah, right. What a joke.

I'd bet my life savings that if DMC did exactly what Griffin did, even if it were a playoff game, he would be suspended at least a game.

So no fine, no suspension for throwing water on a fan. I'm honestly amazed. I thought they'd take the easy way out and just fine him but I'm sure they thought that fining him would be an admission that they thought he did it on purpose which would normally lead to a suspension for an act like that. So, instead, they took the opinion that he didn't do it on purpose. Yeah, right. What a joke.

I'd bet my life savings that if DMC did exactly what Griffin did, even if it were a playoff game, he would be suspended at least a game.
Double standards are part and parcel of life.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mark Jackson's strategy of having Steph Curry take over games will work good enough until a defender like Chris Paul simply makes it hard for him to breathe. A lot of people will point at the reffing but I really just have to point at Chris Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.