Game 3 - Sat. April 26, San Antonio at Dallas, Mavericks 109-108
Game 4 - Mon. April 28, San Antonio at Dallas, Spurs 93-89
Game 5 * Wed. April 30, Dallas at San Antonio, TBD, TBD
Game 6 * Fri. May 2, San Antonio at Dallas, TBD, TBD
Game 7 * Sun. May 4, Dallas at San Antonio, TBD, TBD

All times EDT

Discuss ;)

Last edited:
The best in the West will be able to take care of their in-state rivals. But their in-state rivals will not back down without a pretty darn good fight. Timmy and his Boys will outduel Dirk and his boys in a 6 game slugfest. Spurs take this bad boy 4 - 2

yeah, the Mavs basically have no shot here. everybody remember that must-win Dallas had a week or so ago in Dallas, when the Spurs sent played without Parker and won by 9? I expect the whole series to go that way.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going with Spurs 4-0. Might not be a popular view on this forum but I'm rooting for the Spurs to win it all.
You're not alone. There are a lot of reasons why the Spurs could quite conceivably walk away with the big shiny thing, and one of them will always be Popovich.

okay, so who had Devin Harris as a major factor in this series?
I didn't even know he was back with the Mavs. Give the Mavs credit they played pretty darn well, especially on the defensive end. But the Spurs just have championship poise.

I really didn't expect the Mavs to win any of these games.
With all do respect, and I can totally see why many (if not most) would have predicted the Spurs to sweep this series, The Mavs are NOT your typical "8th seed". They're pretty darn good. I would never count a team with Dirk out of the picture. Nor would I predict that team to get swept in the 1st round of the playoffs...

K

KingMilz

Wow Devin Harris what a difference maker, I would love that guy as our starting PG if health permits.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
This isn't a normal 1v8 match-up. How often do we see an 8th seed who won 49 games?

I still think SA takes this in 6 or 7, but Dal could have won both games and Dirk hasn't even had a good performance yet. He'll explode in one of these next two and I think they go back to SA tied up 2-2. This is a bad match-up for SA. If Dirk can figure out to get Splitter in foul trouble, their chances skyrocket.

This isn't a normal 1v8 match-up. How often do we see an 8th seed who won 49 games?

I still think SA takes this in 6 or 7, but Dal could have won both games and Dirk hasn't even had a good performance yet. He'll explode in one of these next two and I think they go back to SA tied up 2-2. This is a bad match-up for SA. If Dirk can figure out to get Splitter in foul trouble, their chances skyrocket.
which is true, yet entirely weird, considering that the Spurs have absolutely slaughtered the Mavs these last two years.

this defence Carlisle, one hell of a coach, btw, has devised looks completely different from anything the Mavs have tried against the Spurs lately and is extremely effective. either he has punted the games against the Spurs to a degree (basically impossible since they needed every single win to even get this far), or, after that late season spirit-breaker, some kind of brilliant idea struck him. either way, there's no coach I'd trust more to adjust than Pop, you just need to look at last season's series against the Warriors to see what he's capable of. anyway, this, all of a sudden, has the makings of a great series.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
With all do respect, and I can totally see why many (if not most) would have predicted the Spurs to sweep this series, The Mavs are NOT your typical "8th seed". They're pretty darn good. I would never count a team with Dirk out of the picture. Nor would I predict that team to get swept in the 1st round of the playoffs...
With all due respect, I hate all things Texas. In fact, my respect for the Spurs comes only because of how very good they have managed to be for so long. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but it's not going to influence my feeling in this regard. I'm not an idiot. I'm well aware of everything you have said. My deep and abiding hatred for all things Texas, however, negates all of it. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Unguarded? Ginobili darted over and was right in his grill. Carter pump faked which got Manu up in the air, then rose up to hit corner three - all within last 1.7 seconds by friendly home clock manager.
My bad. I was working in the kitchen and only heard the last play. :oops:

Vince Carter had a terrible flop in that 4th quarter. With everything going against the Spurs, they still nearly stole it at the end. Spurs will win Game 7. They are the stronger team mentally.

K

KingMilz

Blair is built like a bear and has hands like a mongoose he's been amazingly impactful during the Dallas wins. I'm always amazed how good Blair's hands are they are at a Cousins level for steals/deflections and catches.

Status
Not open for further replies.